Waitlisted

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Waitlisted

by NK248 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:41 pm
I am waitlisted for Yale SOM without interview. I am speculating my quant and anlytical might be an issue although my GMAT score is 680. Is it ok to mention taking CFA Level 1 course work. Although I have not applied for Dec exam yet, we have formed a study group in office for learining all subject. Also, what all should I bring forth to strengthen my candidacy, Yale's network and strong support for social entrepreneurship makes it my first choice. So I want to send a strong update. Also, is being waitlisted without interview a minus. Please suggest

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by NK248 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:36 am
Someone please respond

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:31 members

by Deena@ClearAdmit » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:52 am
Hi NK28 and thanks for your post.
The first thing I'd want to know is if there was any additional information in the letter you received. Did they specifically ask you for any additional information, or did they actively discourage it. Generally, Yale is open to additional information, and so I do think it would be a good idea to make contact, graciously accept the offer on the WL, and then determine a strategy for communication with the adcom.
Any relevant update to your profile would be worth sending on to the adcom.
Is the adcom currently not aware of your CFA coursework? If not, then I do think this would be relevant to include in an update.
Feel free to contact us at [email protected] for a more detailed assessment of your profile. You also may want to look at our WL guide online at our shop.https://www.clearadmit.com/ca-products/waitlist-guide/
Best,
Deena
Deena Maerowitz
MBA Admissions Expert
Clear Admit