Request to evaluate my profile

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Request to evaluate my profile

by my_mba » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:58 pm
Hi,

I am 28 year old Indian female planning to apply to best IVY league colleges for MBA.
I aspire to become a sector development and innovation lead in outsourcing industry.

I attempted GMAT last year with a score of 740. I have a good work experience but a low GPA score of 3.1/5.
I request you to kindly evaluate my profile and provide your suggestions.

GMAT score: 740(Attempted Sep 2012)
Applied Universities: None till now
Qualification: B.E Computer
GPA score: 3.1/5

Work ex : Total work experience of 5 years. A very brief snapshot of my work so far:
1. Currently working as a PMO for a year and a half with Business Unit lead of one of the world's largest outsourcing company. Helping in developing road maps and designing strategy for sector development.
2. Have 3 years of work experience as a web developer and designer. Automated the build process and led a 15 member team for 6 months as a Rnd lead in parallel to the development and designing work.
3. Shifted to program management because of my keen interest in management
3. Can get good recommendations and show leadership in managing tasks. Can demonstrate problem solving with quantifiable results.

Extra Curricular : Quite sporadic
1. Keen Interest in classical music and playing instruments for 4 years
2. Fundraising for NGO
5. Won prizes at school and college level for elocution, UN examination prizes, elocution competition, singing and dance competitions

My aim is to do MBA from Ivy League colleges.

I request you to let me know if I should consider doing some certification to overcome my low GPA score.

Thanks in advance for the complementary evaluation!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:31 members

by Deena@ClearAdmit » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 am
Hi My_MBA and thanks so much for your post.
I think that your profile looks very good for highly competitive programs. I don't think that your undergraduate GPA will be a real hindrance to you, but I would want to know more about whether or not there were any very low grades (Cs or Ds?) and in what classes you may have struggled. Overall, I think that your high GMAT and your solid undergraduate grades will serve you will in the admissions process.
I would also be interested in some additional specific detail about your short and long term goals, but once I have this information, I'd be happy to make some additional suggestions for programs that I think would be a good fit.
Best,
Deena
Deena Maerowitz
MBA Admissions Expert
Clear Admit