Profile Evaluation - ISB Hyderabad

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:34 members

by AskgoISB » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:35 pm
Hi all,

The wait is over and the ISB essay topics are finally out. The essence remains same, but the way you position your candidature is more important than ever.

Here are this year's essay topics:
https://www.apphelp.co.in/ISB-Essays.htm
Also a reminder that the Round 1 deadline this year is September 15th. It's time to suit up and start on your application if you haven't already.

Please reach out to us for personalized assistance and more.

Regards,
Team GoISB
Phone: +91 9871354580
Cheers,
goISB team
https://www.goISB.com
Ph: +91 9871354580
Email:[email protected]
Check goISB's Guaranteed Admissions Program (GAP) - ISB admit or money back*
https://www.goisb.com/services/gap/

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

Profile Evaluation - ISB Hyderabad

by GeneralEducation » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:19 am
Yes you can, but its definitely not gonna e easy. We at General Education has placed many of the applicants into top 25 B-Schools with a GMAT of 660 and even lesser too.

B-Schools looks for an ideal candidates carrying High Academic Ability, Impact Leadership and communication skills, Clarity of Goals and Contribution and Passionate. Make sure you build an excellent story and present it in a very professional and simple language. Try to stand out rather fitting in which makes your profile unique.

While assessing your application, top b-schools looks for people who have demonstrated leadership qualities in their professional or personal lives. Leadership qualities don't necessarily mean leading teams - they could also mean the initiatives you had taken, your achievements, impact-orientation and career progression.

Please free to reach us out on +91 7204591626 for free profile evaluation from top b-schools alumni like ISB,INSEAD, Wharton, Tuck

You can also evaluate your profile by using our ingenious tool called B-School Selector. B-School selector is an intelligent B-Schools shortlisting tool designed by team of expert consultants graduated from Ivy League B-Schools. This tool provides the list of B-Schools where you have fair chances of getting an admission based on certain parameters like, GMAT Score, Work Experience, International Work Experience and Academic Scores. Please click on the below mentioned link to use the tool.
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by alphainc » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:18 pm
GeneralEducation wrote:Yes you can, but its definitely not gonna e easy. We at General Education has placed many of the applicants into top 25 B-Schools with a GMAT of 660 and even lesser too.

B-Schools looks for an ideal candidates carrying High Academic Ability, Impact Leadership and communication skills, Clarity of Goals and Contribution and Passionate. Make sure you build an excellent story and present it in a very professional and simple language. Try to stand out rather fitting in which makes your profile unique.

While assessing your application, top b-schools looks for people who have demonstrated leadership qualities in their professional or personal lives. Leadership qualities don't necessarily mean leading teams - they could also mean the initiatives you had taken, your achievements, impact-orientation and career progression.

Please free to reach us out on +91 7204591626 for free profile evaluation from top b-schools alumni like ISB,INSEAD, Wharton, Tuck

You can also evaluate your profile by using our ingenious tool called B-School Selector. B-School selector is an intelligent B-Schools shortlisting tool designed by team of expert consultants graduated from Ivy League B-Schools. This tool provides the list of B-Schools where you have fair chances of getting an admission based on certain parameters like, GMAT Score, Work Experience, International Work Experience and Academic Scores. Please click on the below mentioned link to use the tool.

https://www.genedmba.com/b-school-select ... ChN2pZTo8d
I am from a highly competitive application pool - Indian IT Applicant with 5 years of experience. I have an very decent career progression (2 promotions in 4 years, currently with a top consulting firm as an ERP functional consultant. Never been the traditional Indian "coder" actually) and demonstrable contribution in my local community (2 NGOs - continous involvement, 250+ hrs a year. One on educating street children and their parents, equally important. Another, building awareness about carbon emissions in rapidly developing countries like India, which desperately need an alternative). Which schools would be ideal for earning a respectable (around $20,000+) scholarship? What should be my strategy to earn a scholarship? I'm looking at US News 20-50

I have a gap year - was studying for my engg entrances. What should be my strategy(eg., additional essay, bump up GMAT score or take extra courses etc) be for the impact this could have, if any?

I have a low GPA, like most other "average students" in my univ (known for notoriously low engg grades in IND, nothwithstanding my own "contributions" towards my grades) and my GMAT score is 710. Will this help in offseting the GPA? P.S. Wont be taking the GMAT again until absolutely required, due to some personal reasons

Post-MBA Industry : Tech (Primary), Consulting (Backup)
Post-MBA Function : Prod Mgmt (Primary), Strategy Consulting (Backup)

I kinda have a list of around 12-16 for my preliminary research, not necessarily ones with scholarship chances, but with a higher probablity of an interview call:
Emory, UT Austin, Foster, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Carey, Merage, Questrom, Ivey, NYU Tech MBA, Mays, Vanderbilt, Kelley, ISB. Please add ones you think maybe missing. Thoughts?

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members

by GyanOne » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:37 am
rupertron wrote:Hello! Need profile evaluation plz

-->325 in GRE( 160Q, 165 VA; 5.5 AWA); Planning to take GMAT this summer, and getting 710 in mocks
-->7.95 CGPA in Electronics and Communication from Manipal Institute of Technology
-->2 years, 8 months experience in healthcare domain in technology consulting in Deloitte USI; I'm up for a promotion in August this year, before R1 of applications
-->Consistently rated at the top at work; have automated several manual task; working on firm marketing, eminence initiatives, as well as firm articles
-->2 International publications in Pakistani and Bangladeshi newspaper; 16 national publications in leading Indian newspapers such as The Hindu, Hindustan Times, New Indian Express
Hi rupertron
- 325 on the GRE is a good score; did you take the GMAT btw? Even if not, 325 is decent enough for ISB. Your acads are quite good as well.
- Your work, publications, and recognition are all strong - working in healthcare tech can help differentiate you from other tech.
candidates.
- Steer clear of looking automating manual tasks as a key accomplishment - it is way too common and won't get you much credit. Firm articles and marketing are good.
- Overall, well set to do well at ISB admissions. Are there any other schools you are looking at?

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Legendary Member
Followed by:10 members

by GyanOne » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:41 am
ISB's online application for admissions to the PGP Class of 2020 is now open.

Key aspects to note:
- Two mandatory essays and one optional essay (mandatory for reapplicants; optional for first-time applicants)
- The deadlines have been changed - now they are Sep 15 for R1 and Dec 15 for R2
- The first essay has been changed and the second one has been tweaked too. Both essays are similar to essay topics that ISB has used in the past. The first one is very similar to essay 1 from the 2013-14 application, and the second one is almost identical to the goals essay from the 2014-15 application.
- For the first time ever, ISB has introduced a 'language proficiency' field, that requires applicants to submit an IELTS or TOEFL score, if the medium of instruction for their college education was not English. This option is mandatory if this condition is met, irrespective of nationality.

ISB PGP essay topics for 2018-19:
Essay 1: At ISB we value diversity as it enhances both the in-class and out of class learning experience. Tell us how would you contribute to the same? (400 words max)

Essay 2: Enrolling in a Business School is an important career decision. Critically look at your career to date, the choices you have made, the key influences behind those choices, your goals for the future and how do you think ISB's PGP can help you in achieving your goals? (300 words max)

A detailed analysis of these essays is available here

ISB PGP deadlines for 2018-19
Round 1: Deadline 15 Sep, 2018. Interviews for R1 from Oct 1 to Nov 7, 2018.
Round 2: Deadline 15 Dec, 2018. Interviews for R2 from Jan 1, 2019 to Feb 7, 2019.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Re: Profile Evaluation - ISB Hyderabad

by Nishanth1112 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:10 am
please evaluate my profile

I have applied for ISB YLP 2020

Name- nishanth s
Age-21

Education -
10th-93.6%(state board)
12th-90%(state board)

Currently in pre final year -MBBS(KIMS,Bengaluru) with a 66% aggregate(approx 3.2/4,after conversion)

Essay 1- have written about my entrepreneurship- author of a medical book for the first year MBBS students - self published

Awards and achievements (those mentioned in the application )

1)best outgoing student in school
2)winner of state level TT championship- team event (conducted by University )
3)runner up in national level street and stage play competitions (team event)
4)completed two internships at Plexus Md
5) co author of a research paper ,published in international journal,two other will be published shortly

Extra curriculars

1)Represented University in cricket(national level competition)
2)State convener for Karnataka State -Indian medical association- Medical students network
3)music- plays flute - classical and non classical concerts
4)have organised few fests heading PR and finance teams
5)volunteer at CRY for 3+ years

Hobbies- dancing, public speaking, photography

Yet to take GMAT
Can a score less than 700 get me through the second round ??
Hoping that my essays are decent.

Would be happy hear back from you

Thank you