Profile evaluation: GMAT score 710: IIT engineer.

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
I am an Mechanical Engineer from an IIT in India and have passed in the batch of 2012. I have a GMAT score of 710 and my undergraduate CGPA was 7.2/10(top 40 percentile). I currently have only 9 months of work-ex but I would have around 16 months if I apply in the second round.
I am aiming for B schools like Stanford,Wharton,Kelloggs,Insead,Stern,MIT Sloan,IESE and I want to join in the fall of 2014 .
My profile is as follows-
Project Manager for Construction in a Fortune 100 Company having the following responsibilities.
I handle projects worth over $1,700,000
"¢ Project Manager, solely in charge of timely execution, project planning and quality supervision
"¢ Spearheaded and organized meetings among all parties involved (architects, contractor MD's & execution team)
"¢ Responsible for taking the final call on designs and project details (layouts, interior details etc.)

I did a 2 month internship in a small manufacturing company where I made the following contributions-
"¢ Identified all the bottle neck operations and introduced supermarkets with appropriate inventory
"¢ Optimized the inventory batch size and logistics for transporting materials from supplier to production plant
"¢ Achieved an average reduction of 25% in inventory levels for 3 Pareto parts

Teaching Experience -
I have worked as a teacher and student counselor in an Indian coaching class for a period of 2 months .

Extra-Curricular:
1.I Captained and trained the university team to Gold position in weightlifting.
2.I was a part of the first placed team in the Fashion event of IIT and had a role to play in marketing for it.

Social Initiative:
1.Conceptualized & implemented a water distribution system to facilitate direct water supply to over 250 houses in an Indian village.
2.I am among the founders of a small social welfare trust formed in an Indian village.

[size=Normal]This is pretty much all my resume has ,please let me know what are my chances in these schools and if not which other schools should I try . I really want to jo[/size]in this fall.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:31 members

by Deena@ClearAdmit » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:51 am
Hi Modaak and thanks so much for your post!
It seems that your background is solid, but I'd really want to know more about what you hope to do post MBA in order to guide you in your choices of schools and help you refine your list. As it stands now, this list looks somewhat balanced, but it would be helpful to know what areas you hope to focus on in business school and what you see yourself doing when you graduate.
Feel free to contact us at [email protected] for a more detailed, free initial assessment.
Best,
Deena
Deena Maerowitz
MBA Admissions Expert
Clear Admit

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by modaak » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:43 pm
Thank u Mam,
Post my Mba I want to work for a strategy consulting firm or an I bank .Then after about 3-4 years I would like to shift to Private Equity.