MLT MBA Prep 2015

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:6 members

by Nadia222 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:12 am
I applied on Nov 29th and have not heard anything yet. I'm taking that as a rejection, so I am waiting on my rejection letter. Lol

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by JosieRosario » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:33 am
Hi all - I JUST heard back from MLT. They are releasing R2 "admission decisions" first week of February (next week.) I asked what "admission decisions" meant (read: no interview?) and expressed concern around the timeline and getting them the GMAT by the required Feb 28.

This is the email I received:

We will begin releasing Round 2 admissions decisions in the first week of February. For candidates that are admitted into the program, they must provide all of the required documentation (incl official GMAT score of at least 500) by the previously advertised February 28, 2014 deadline. Further details on that collection process will be shared in the admissions email as applicable.

Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:720

by TripleDetroit » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:41 am
@JosieRosario you win for getting all the intel. So we'll all know next week, I'll chill.

by Nadia222 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:44 am
Thanks Josie!

With that being said...I will take that as a if you have not received an interview invite this far thanks but no thanks. Well like I said before, Not being admitted does not stop the show on this end. To all of those admitted, congrats and I look forward to meeting you all at the Diversity Weekend Events/ Events hosted by the school's Black MBA association. I will be starting a consortium thread in the next couple of months, so I'm sure I will be speaking to you all once again in the future.

by JosieRosario » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:50 am
You never know, Nadia. It could be that because they are behind in their process, they are foregoing that part of the process altogether. Or, they may have interview window of only next week even though it's short notice. I don't know. The point is that, you're right, the show must and will go on, but I don't think you should completely shut it out. Call me crazy but positivity begets positivity :-)

by JosieRosario » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:54 am
Got a quick reply! Here's what this person said:

Interviews are by invitation only and are not direct indications of applicant status. The final admissions decisions will be delivered via email beginning in the first week of Feb.

We encourage all candidates, regardless of MLT admissions status, to prepare for the official GMAT exam. This includes studying and planning your calendar to schedule the exam to meet the Feb 28 submission deadline.

We will accept the print-out that is received immediately after completing an official GMAT exam until the "official" score report is received in the mail from the GMAC (processing time approx. 3 weeks).

Talk about being PC! At least we know that if we haven't heard, we will know for sure next week. I guess there's no interview at this point!

by Nadia222 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:03 am
Fact! Josie you got the hook up. It took them two weeks to respond to one of my questions. I guess their currently writing up their rejection letters.
I will look for mine in the mail next week lol. This really isn't funny...but I'm not one to cry over spilt milk. My Jamaican parents taught me better than that so once again, shout out to all of those accepted. Best wishes and good luck.

Followed by:3 members

by teezly » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:06 pm
vcheris wrote:I haven't heard anything back either. I applied last day R2. @teezly , did you apply by the intial R2 deadline of Dec 1 or the extended deadline of Dec 15?
I applied Dec 1. I didn't even realize they had extended the deadline to Dec. 15. I was scrambling that Sunday to get my app in, lol

by kjhen03 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:24 pm
I submitted my application on December 1st and just got an interview invite, today. It is on Monday, wish me luck.

by vcheris » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:02 am
teezly wrote:
vcheris wrote:I haven't heard anything back either. I applied last day R2. @teezly , did you apply by the intial R2 deadline of Dec 1 or the extended deadline of Dec 15?
I applied Dec 1. I didn't even realize they had extended the deadline to Dec. 15. I was scrambling that Sunday to get my app in, lol
Lol, well the earlier the better. It was a blessing to hear about the extension, given I didn't learn of the program until late. Best of luck to you!

by vcheris » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:23 pm
JosieRosario wrote:Got a quick reply! Here's what this person said:

Interviews are by invitation only and are not direct indications of applicant status. The final admissions decisions will be delivered via email beginning in the first week of Feb.

We encourage all candidates, regardless of MLT admissions status, to prepare for the official GMAT exam. This includes studying and planning your calendar to schedule the exam to meet the Feb 28 submission deadline.

We will accept the print-out that is received immediately after completing an official GMAT exam until the "official" score report is received in the mail from the GMAC (processing time approx. 3 weeks).

Talk about being PC! At least we know that if we haven't heard, we will know for sure next week. I guess there's no interview at this point!
Thanks Josie! You were spot on, I just had my interview today. For better or worse, I'm just happy to see progress.

by jamensah » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:17 am
Hi Jose et. All - So based in the email they sent you, does this mean those accepted can technically take the GMAT the day before Feb 28? Since they'll accept the print out you receive directly after taking the GMAT? I am scheduled to take the exam this week to make the Feb 28th deadline but if they're accepting the print out, I would rather postpone taking it!

Thoughts?

by Johnsoid » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:20 am
Just got an interview invite today. I applied on the last day of Round 2.

by JosieRosario » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:23 am
I think so, @jamensah! I wouldn't wait until the day before but I guess you have a little bit of time.

by SoBeMBA » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:52 pm
Hey all! I took the "Set it and forget it" route with MLT after I submitted my round 2 application. I almost forgot about it, but I received an interview invitation. I too, decided to postpone my GMAT until I heard from them ($250 is no chump change). I guess I'll have to schedule it just in case. Good luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those accepted.