Knewton Online Course

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Knewton Online Course

by Strongt » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:33 am
The main reason I want to take this course is the 50pt gurantee. They offer two types of online courses, the Complete Prep and Premium Live.

Anyone tried the complete prep? is it any good or shall I go with the premium?
How long does it take the finish the course? Do I have to stick with their timeframe or can I finish it on my own pace(I want to finish it within 30-40 days max)

any input is greatly appreciated

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:28 members

by sivaelectric » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:44 pm
Hey check this page. They have given the difference. https://www.knewton.com/gmat/pricing/
If I am wrong correct me :), If my post helped let me know by clicking the Thanks button ;).

Chitra Sivasankar Arunagiri

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mis2011 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:55 am
Hi, I am looking for an answer to the same question too. I have about a month and 2 - 3 weeks to prepare and I wonder if that much time is enough to complete the Knewton Premium Live (since one has to complete the chosen course to be eligible for the 50 points guarantee). In addition, I am aiming at completing the MGMAT guides and OG guides. Would appreciate it if someone could please help!
And also, is any support offered with the Complete Prep course, i.e., if I have any doubts could I email one of the team at Knewton for answers/clarifications?

Thank you!

Followed by:6 members

by prateek_guy2004 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:21 am
I dont believe in online course much..but a friend of mine has taken this....and her score improved...

But i still feel you are the best tutor for yourself..
Don't look for the incorrect things that you have done rather look for remedies....

https://www.beatthegmat.com/motivation-t90253.html

by mis2011 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:02 pm
Thank you Prateek. Please could you elaborate if this is based on some specific experience you have had? Have you tried any online course (for GMAT) and found it to be of not much help?

Followed by:6 members

by prateek_guy2004 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:16 pm
My experience is building since my school days.....I dont find it much help full to get a online tutor or private one...or may be classes...Not my type...
Don't look for the incorrect things that you have done rather look for remedies....

https://www.beatthegmat.com/motivation-t90253.html

Followed by:4 members

by akhilsuhag » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:58 pm
I have taken knewton,I scored 600 on the diagnostic and 720 on the GMATprep after the course. But this doesn,t mean it will be good for everone. I meaan it depends how you like studying. I personally feel very bored studying basics on my own, I can practise but prefer being told the basics. That is y i took knewton complete prep.
Also it will really help you on your verbal, so if verbal is your issue I would recommend it. I wrote a mail to some one who asked the same question I will pm the same to you.

So it basically depends on what study style suits you, as prateek prefers self study so do a lot o other people and some dont!!

I hope it helps!!
Please press "thanks" if you think my post has helped you.. Cheers!!

by mis2011 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:59 am
Thank you Akhilsuhag!

Would definitely appreciate it if you could send me the PM.

I guess even I am more of the listen to someone, retain it and then practise kinds. I can do self-study but it takes me lot more time (which I don't have much of). I am considering the Premium Live course. Do they give you tutor support with the Complete prep version - as in can you email one of the tutors any doubts/query and they will answer it for you?

Official Company Rep

by Jessie@Knewton » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:17 am
Hey guys,

These are great questions, and thanks to our students who posted their feedback. We actually just upgraded our Premium Live courses, so I thought I'd jump in to highlight some of the changes. The Complete Prep and Premium Live courses offer the same core curriculum, with 13 recorded video sessions, 6 CATs, 3,800 practice questions, and the 50 point money-back guarantee if your previous official GMAT or diagnostic CAT score doesn't improve by 50 points. The Premium Live course additionally offers:

- Unlimited access to 42 hours of live, interactive teacher workshops every week for the duration of your course. These workshops cover core topics in more depth, and allow students to get extra help if they're struggling with a particular subject. Take a look at an example schedule here: https://knewt.ly/mXLApA. Every month, our teachers develop a new schedule based on student feedback, so we ensure everyone is getting the help they need.

- 1 year of course access (versus 4 months of access with Complete Prep)

As far as timing goes, the beauty of on-demand video and unlimited access to live workshops is the ability to work through the course at your own pace. It sounds like you're both working with roughly the same time-frame(1 - 1.5 months), and that is plenty of time to complete the course. Many students successfully complete the course in 4 weeks - the scheduling is entirely up to you. A good place to get an idea of how students pace themselves in the course is the verified reviews section of this site - https://knewt.ly/oIYa4q.

Mis2011, in regard to asking specific questions:

Answers.knewton.com is our support community. You can post questions there, and our teachers and other students will post answers and feedback. It's a great resource, and I'd recommend looking around the site to get a sense of how it works. If you decide to go with Premium Live, you can also ask questions directly to teachers during any of the live workshops.

Hope this helps! Let me know if there's anything I can clarify for you further - feel free to send me a PM with any further questions/concerns.

Good luck!

Jessie
Knewton GMAT Team

by mis2011 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:10 am
Hi Jessie,

Thank you for the detailed reply. :)

Will definitely PM you if I have any more queries!