is gmac going to increase my score?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

is gmac going to increase my score?

by aayushi chiripal » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:00 am
hello friends...

i took gmat on 15th july 2011... my score was 710... but unfortunately gmac cancelled my score due to testing security issues... den i retook gmat on 16th august 2011... my score is 650... and i have heard dat gmac has announced to average the scores of students like me.. whose scores have been cancelled once if the difference between the 2 scores is less than 100... so my score might turn out to be 680... and if the difference is greater than 100, they might disqualify the student from taking gmat for a year... but i havent recieved any such mail uptill now... so does anyone of u have any idea about such an information...

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members

by adi_800 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:50 am
Where u took the gmat? In India ??

If yes. where in india?

Legendary Member
Followed by:33 members
GMAT Score:710

by bblast » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:21 am
Another saddening case. why dont they just shut these centers in every small nook and corner. People better travel to bigger cities and take the test than risk taking in smaller wretched centers and be screwd later.

BTW wat was the testing center issue ? which town ?
Cheers !!

Quant 47-Striving for 50
Verbal 34-Striving for 40

My gmat journey :
https://www.beatthegmat.com/710-bblast-s ... 90735.html
My take on the GMAT RC :
https://www.beatthegmat.com/ways-to-bbla ... 90808.html
How to prepare before your MBA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upz46D7 ... TWBZF14TKW_

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:09 am
Wow, this would be really unusual... I've never heard of a case where they averaged the score! I've heard of cases where they cancelled scores and offered free retakes, but nothing else. Besides, what if one of your scores was 650 and the other 700? Your average would be 675... Then what score would you get, a 670 or a 680? It seems odd to me that they'd ever average scores.

Where did you get this info from? If they sent you an email or notified you officially that this might happen, then it might - but otherwise I wouldn't believe it.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by aayushi chiripal » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:27 am
everyone thank you for your replies.

I guess this average thing was nothing but a rumour as I havent yet heard anything from GMAC.

well i took GMAT in Ahmedabad, India. and the earlier testing centre was not a small one. It was the ONLY testing centre here in Gujarat and was in one of the most reputed college down here, HL. But apparently the authority of the centre used to do some kind of manipulation with the software and students could get a higher score by just bribing them or something. and GMAC caught their malpractice.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:512 members
GMAT Score:770

by David@VeritasPrep » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:56 am
If the information is correct, here is a student who earned a score and lost it due to violations at the test center.

It is important for anyone who sees any kind of foul play to contact GMAC with that information. The people on this site are working SO hard for months and even years to earn a good score. If other people are gaining a score unfairly then this diminishes the value of your score AND your hard work.

Everyone on this site is devotedly to working together as a community to EARN scores on this exam. Cheating cannot be allowed and cannot be tolerated. And let me just say that you do not want to be in B-school sitting next to someone who cheated their way in...or worse yet you are at home and the cheater has your MBA spot.

Remember it is not getting back at some corporation (GMAC) if a person cheats it is harming all of us. It is the test that we want to BEAT not cheat.

And one more thing, if you think that the palm scans and so forth are intrusive, let people keep trying to cheat and see what GMAC comes up with. There will only be one center for each country and you will have to take your test in a paper hospital gown...
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course