Best Practice Tests?

This topic has expert replies

Which company makes the best GMAT practice tests (excluding GMATPrep)?

Princeton Review
11%
Kaplan
24%
Manhattan GMAT
60%
Veritas Prep
2%
Other? (Please let us know)
2%

Total votes: 2000

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by gaurav-marwaha » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:11 pm
Hi guys nice thread...I gave first of the four Kaplan tests yesterday and got 520...I have to admit that the questions were hard and I could not sense any "Adaptive" part in the complete test...Overall, good for practice but I will opt for MGMAT tests now...All the best to fellow friends for their GMAT preparation!

by sweetitis » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:46 am
well im going through kaplan's series.. is it enough?

Legendary Member
Followed by:32 members
GMAT Score:760

by avik.ch » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:10 am
sweetitis wrote:well im going through kaplan's series.. is it enough?

I cannot understand what is Kaplan series. Is it all kaplan books for GMAT ? I would say, its not enough. Go for books in specific field ( If you are a non native speaker, you need more time on verbal than on quant) - powerscore CR/MGMAT CR/Veritas CR, MGMAT SC, MGMAT RC/veritas RC, MGMAT quant guides/veritas quant guides and offcourse dont miss OG.

Kaplan CAT generally gives you a low score, but I generally find the questions to be awesome. Use it to spot your weakness.

Hope this helps !!

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by [email protected] » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:01 am
Guyzz could anybody please tell how to get access of princeton review test. I have access to 4 tests but the only problem is that it is asking for the first word of 'acknowledgements' page.

Does anybody know it or can anybody tell me any other way.
IT IS TIME TO BEAT THE GMAT

LEARNING, APPLICATION AND TIMING IS THE FACT OF GMAT AND LIFE AS WELL... KEEP PLAYING!!!

Whenever you feel that my post really helped you to learn something new, please press on the 'THANK' button.

by ameya_juvekar » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:16 am
Hi, I've completed all the six MGMAT tests (670, 700, 660, 690, 650). Im more confident about my maths scores, thanks to MGMAT tests, but I still have doubts about my verbal skills. I also believe that beside mastering the various areas of test, it is also important that one shud master the clock/timer. Therefore I would like to take two more test before I book the test date. I dont quite believe in Kaplan or Princeton (coz after manovering MGMAT both the mentioned are not quite of the standards). I would like to know which test company has tests that are upto the mark of MGMAT.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by gurpreetsingh.1982 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:25 pm
Hi guys,

Just did the Kaplan CD-ROM CAT test, and am frankly disappointed by my results, though indeed would use this opportunity to brush up on my weaknesses.
Would like to ask, since the GMATPrep has been highlighted to be one of the more accurate CAT tool, thus indicative of scores, but there're only 2 tests available on GMATPrep. Is there any other software that we can purchase to access more testing tools?

Cheers,
Gurpreet

Followed by:1 members

by charcbb » Sun May 20, 2012 11:28 am
Hi guys,

So far, it seems most people prefer MGMAT exams. I see that many people who take CATs from different companies and are disappointed by Kaplan's results.

I posted my non-advancement in Kaplan's CATs (here: https://www.beatthegmat.com/following-ka ... 12568.html) so I'm on the same boat.

I just see how people's scores on Kaplan tend to be lower (a lot lower at times) than those of other companies, how is it possible? (since this is the case for many people, I don't think "representativeness" is an issue. LOL. Too much time doing CR!)

I'm not judging on Kaplan, I guess it's better to do hard problems and then get to test day and figure out that it's easier than what you prepared for, but from a "morale" point of view it's extremely disappointing!

(Is there a poll on which prep company the people who passed their GMATs with high scores used?)

by gencassotis » Wed May 23, 2012 9:30 am
Hi everyone,

I am currently taking Kaplans Advantage on demand course and I have taken a total of 7 practice exams. I have also taken 3 from MGMAT before taking the Kaplan tests. Today, I took 1 prep exam from mba.com and this is what I have concluded based on the 1 prep test from mba.com:

Quant. section

For the first time in my 3 months of studying I finished the math section without running out of time. I finished it with 4 minutes left. It was a lot easier than MGMAT which I would have to guess 1-2. The math section on the Kaplan exams are impossible. I have a strong math background and I would always have to guess 5-6 questions. On the Kaplan tests, I would score within the 58-65th percentile whereas on the prep test I scored 83rd percentile. Obviously, I am not happy with the quality of the Kaplan exams because they gave me the impression that I was not performing well on Math which is my strength whereas I was actually doing quite well. No matter how much I would study, I would always get the same score.

Verbal section
I found both Kaplan and Manhattan GMAT to be roughly the same difficulty as the mba.com entry exam. On the Kaplan exams I scored anywhere form 54-65th percentile and on the actual I scored 53rd percentile. Also, one thing that did concern me is that my strength on the Kaplan tests was SC ( I would score 54-60 % of them right) however on the prep exam I scored an unprecedented 1/11 correct! Had I just guessed them all,I would have performed better. lol In all seriousness, I am attriubuting that to that fact that it was the first time I did the essays and I was mentally drained when it was time to do the Verbal section.

My exam is in 3 days; I am confident I will do well in Math; for the next couple of days I am solely focusing on bringing up my SC score

cheers!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by agarwalva » Fri May 25, 2012 6:55 pm
I would do
1. 2 gmac test ,
2. 1 kaplan free and 1 manhattan free and
3. download the GMAC paper tests from MBA.com

by agarwalva » Fri May 25, 2012 6:57 pm
arunima88 wrote:https://www.mba.com/store/Product-Info?S ... =emailopen

Hi

Can you please sugges me whether these items from mba.com is worth buying or not. Since, the publishers of GMAT are authors of this book, is it going to be really helpful.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks & Regards

Arunima Bhaumik
India
They are worth every penny... sticking to Gmac - official questions is your best bet

by wesley.d.harding » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 am
Is there any drop in quality or skewed deviation in the free practice tests (Manhattan, Kaplan, GMAC primarily) vs the purchased practice tests?

by beatgmat96 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:04 pm
How to get access to Kaplan CAT tests? I exhausted all MGMAT CAT tests and also took GMAT prep tests. I want more. Can you guys suggest some free/not so expensive options? Also, if I uninstall and reinstall GMAT prep software, will I get new set of questions in the CAT tests?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:06 pm
You can get access to Kaplan CAT tests when you purchase a Kaplan book. And yes, re-installing GMATPrep does reset the software--but expect to see a few repeated questions.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:33 am
beatgmat96 wrote:How to get access to Kaplan CAT tests? I exhausted all MGMAT CAT tests and also took GMAT prep tests. I want more. Can you guys suggest some free/not so expensive options? Also, if I uninstall and reinstall GMAT prep software, will I get new set of questions in the CAT tests?
Here's a link to the Kaplan GMAT Premier 2013 edition, which includes 5 practice tests!

https://www.amazon.com/Kaplan-Premier-On ... emier+2013

Good luck!
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage

Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:650

by tisrar02 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:19 pm
Is it true that the Manhattan GMAT tends to be a bit tougher than the GMATPrep tests? I've read this a couple of times now but have also read the opposite. I tend to do better on the MGMAT exams which is why I ask.

Thanks
Dedication is what leads to success...