• NEW! FREE Beat The GMAT Quizzes
    NEW! FREE Beat The GMAT Quizzes
    NEW! FREE Beat The GMAT Quizzes
    Hundreds of Questions Highly Detailed Reporting Expert Explanations TAKE A FREE GMAT QUIZ
  • 7 CATs FREE!
    If you earn 100 Forum Points

Engage in the Beat The GMAT forums to earn
    100 points for $49 worth of Veritas practice GMATs FREE

Veritas Prep
    VERITAS PRACTICE GMAT EXAMS
    Earn 10 Points Per Post
    Earn 10 Points Per Thanks
    Earn 10 Points Per Upvote
    REDEEM NOW

Best Practice Tests?

This topic has 64 expert replies and 216 member replies
Goto page Previous Next

Which company makes the best GMAT practice tests (excluding GMATPrep)?

Princeton Review

11% (227 votes)
Kaplan

23% (476 votes)
Manhattan GMAT

60% (1203 votes)
Veritas Prep

2% (41 votes)
Other? (Please let us know)

1% (38 votes)
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
13 messages
Upvotes:
Is it true that the Manhattan GMAT tends to be a bit tougher than the GMATPrep tests? I've read this a couple of times now but have also read the opposite. I tend to do better on the MGMAT exams which is why I ask.

Thanks
The quant (and IR actually) on the Manhattan tests is much harder, because it takes more steps to solve a problem. The verbal may be slightly easier on the MGMAT tests.
Kaplan is the opposite. Their quant is a JOKE.

I just wish a company (other than GMAC) would create CATs that weren't so all over the place regarding difficulty of problems!

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Posted:
194 messages
Followed by:
8 members
Upvotes:
Test Date:
Mid. February 2013
Target GMAT Score:
700+
GMAT Score:
I just wish a company (other than GMAC) would create CATs that weren't so all over the place regarding difficulty of problems!
As far as MGMAT is concerned i think they are doing a great job at providing an excellent CAT experience for the purpose of getting the test taker used to the overall experience and to train him for what is to come.. I felt their SC was a bit behind and RC was a tad bit easy but overall they were not "Way" off from the GMAT PREP as far as verbal is concerned...It is tough to replicate 100% without actually copying past GMAC questions which is not legal..As far as their quant is concerned anyone that has an issue (like myself) with timing on questions that tend to involve more computation or are lengthy will find it tough even though conceptually they are similar to the GMAT PREP..I know of quite a few people who breeze past the GMAT PREP quant with a 48-50 score overall claim that MGMAT quant is not "all that tough" , so i guess if you are close to 50 you really can handle the slight lengthier test w/o really breaking a sweat but for other poor souls like me who are struggling to break 80 percentile on the GMAT PREP it does prove to be a challenge (and a welcomed one at that)...

I have purchased Veritas Prep CAT's as well, and although i am yet to take them from what i have heard they do provide a "killer" verbal section..

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Posted:
4 messages
Test Date:
Target GMAT Score:
Facebook Logo
How can I purchase Veritas CAT tests and/or Powerscore (are they good)? I don't need to take the course or buy more books but I need to practice more! any help would be appreciated!!!

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
194 messages
Followed by:
8 members
Upvotes:
Test Date:
Mid. February 2013
Target GMAT Score:
700+
GMAT Score:
How can I purchase Veritas CAT tests and/or Powerscore (are they good)? I don't need to take the course or buy more books but I need to practice more! any help would be appreciated!!!
They best way to get access to Veritas Prep CAT's is to purchase on their books (around 22$ a book) with which you can get access to their tests...

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
2 messages
Hey guys! I am new to this forum. I'd like to know where I can find hyperlinks to materials I should purchase to study for the GMAT. So much material out there, but I just want a clear and concise group of materials to purchase.

Thank you in advance.

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
194 messages
Followed by:
8 members
Upvotes:
Test Date:
Mid. February 2013
Target GMAT Score:
700+
GMAT Score:
This forum is full of information, just search around and you will get many lists of good books. If you have time and are starting your prep, you can also consider the BTG 60 day study guide.

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
2 messages
What do you guys think about The Official Guide for GMAT Review Set (13th Ed.)? Is this a good buy to start my studying? Or should I purchase Online Practice CAT Exams & Question Banks from the Manhattan GMAT website?

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
194 messages
Followed by:
8 members
Upvotes:
Test Date:
Mid. February 2013
Target GMAT Score:
700+
GMAT Score:
What do you guys think about The Official Guide for GMAT Review Set (13th Ed.)? Is this a good buy to start my studying? Or should I purchase Online Practice CAT Exams & Question Banks from the Manhattan GMAT website?
The 3 OG books are a Must have . Even if you do not buy the Quant and verbal books , the OG 12/13 is a MUST . Your MGMAT strategy guides require the OG13 as they refer to it for practice questions. With the purchase of every MGMAT guide you will get free access to their 6 CAT's so you do not need to purchase those CAT's separately. I purchased the entire MGMAT 4th edition strategy sets and also bought some veritas prep guides in order to get access to some more practice tests.

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
4 messages
Test Date:
Target GMAT Score:
Facebook Logo

I bought Veritas Sentence Correction V2 but it didn't come with any code (maybe because I bought on half.com). Do I have to purchase the guides directly from Veritas to get the code? I emailed to Veritas and they said that the only way to get access to their CAT exams is to purchase online prep package for $500... Please help - I am not sure what to do. Sad

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
194 messages
Followed by:
8 members
Upvotes:
Test Date:
Mid. February 2013
Target GMAT Score:
700+
GMAT Score:
I bought Veritas Sentence Correction V2 but it didn't come with any code (maybe because I bought on half.com). Do I have to purchase the guides directly from Veritas to get the code? I emailed to Veritas and they said that the only way to get access to their CAT exams is to purchase online prep package for $500... Please help - I am not sure what to do.
If you purchase from the veritas website, you do get access to the CAT's. You can try out other CAT's that are available with the purchase of books such as those from Kaplan (Available with Kap premier), or buy cats from 800 score (i think they sell them) ... If you ask me, 2 GMAT PREP's taken twice (total of 4 CAT's) along with 6 MGMAT CAT's should be enough for PRACTICE especially considering the fact that MGMAT offers the best analysis and explanations .

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
1 messages
Hi, I took the Gmat prep and scored 610 in Nov, 650 last week and then took the economist online test today and scored...450! 200 points difference!! I am devastated. Can this be a real difference? I mean...I can understand a difference of 50, even 70 or 80 points, but 200 points is just too much, either one of them is wrong or I borrowed someone else´s brain. Opinions?

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
194 messages
Followed by:
8 members
Upvotes:
Test Date:
Mid. February 2013
Target GMAT Score:
700+
GMAT Score:
The GMAT community is unanimous when it comes to which test best simulates the real thing. Do not bother about other tests when it comes to overall scores, what you need to carefully analyze is your wrong answers so that you can learn. I have seen a variation of around 50-80 points between my GMAT PREP scores, My MGMAT scores, My KAPLAN scores, and my Veritas prep scores so huge variations are not that uncommon.

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
I just took a practice test on manhattan GMAT. I scored a 520 which I'm not overly concerned about since I'm an average student (B Student). Is that score consistent with the score you actually achieve on the GMAT? From looking at the poll, it looks like Manhattan GMAT has the best practice test.

I took a Kaplan test last week and scored a 490. Which score do you think I am more likely to get on the actual test. Is Kaplan harder than Manhattan GMAT?

Anyway, my test is tomorrow and I'm hoping your responses can help me out here.

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
10 messages
Facebook Logo
can anyone share experience or verdict on the GMAT Focus® Online Quantitative Diagnostic Tool? does it give by specific math topics like geometry, integers etc? i'm really considering this, seems especially value buy for someone with lopsided strengths to project some balance into final performance. thanks

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag
Posted:
19 messages
Followed by:
1 members
Upvotes:
GMAT Score:

Follow my blog on http://maulikhelpsu.blogspot.in/

• +1 Upvote Post
  • Flag