256 SC Complete Solutions

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:710

256 SC Complete Solutions

by gmatmachoman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:39 am
This is one initiative from me. I shall be posting list of SC's which are worthwhile to discuss from "The 256 SC collections".I shall be adding the SC that has a definite pattern described by OG's which could also be handy for reference at some point of time in your prep.

I shall post the OA after few discussions for the SC posted by me.

On a small note, while posting your IMO's plz post your reasoning also & do mention the question no along with it!

1.As a photojournalist, commercial photographer, artist and filmmaker, he has ventured everywhere from the remote highlands of New Guinea to the glitzy beaches of Saint-Tropez and saw many outstanding sites, many of which are depicted in his latest book.

A. saw many outstanding sites, many of which are depicted in his latest book.
B. saw many outstanding sites, many of whom are depicted in his latest book.
C. saw many outstanding sites, many of them are depicted in his latest book.
D. seen many outstanding sites, many of which are depicted in his latest book.
E. seen many outstanding sites, in which many are depicted in his latest book.
Last edited by gmatmachoman on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by hrishi19884 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:45 am
gmatmachoman wrote:As a photojournalist, commercial photographer, artist and filmmaker, he has ventured everywhere from the remote highlands of New Guinea to the glitzy beaches of Saint-Tropez and saw many outstanding sites, many of which are depicted in his latest book.

A. saw many outstanding sites, many of which are depicted in his latest book.
B. saw many outstanding sites, many of whom are depicted in his latest book.
C. saw many outstanding sites, many of them are depicted in his latest book.
D. seen many outstanding sites, many of which are depicted in his latest book.
E. seen many outstanding sites, in which many are depicted in his latest book
Past perfect used here ......so seen

rules out A , B ,C

outstanding sites, in which many.....loses subject here ...how can we depict in the sites? we can depict sites in the book :)

Rules out E.

Check D - past perfect used, "many of which" denotes the sites which are depicted in the book

Clearly D
Hrishi

"As you sow, so shall you reap"

Legendary Member

by bhumika.k.shah » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:46 am
IMO D

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Amiman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:47 am
answer is D.

Legendary Member

by bhumika.k.shah » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:48 am
gmatmachoman wrote:
This is one initiative from me. I shall be posting list of SC's which are worthwhile to discuss from "The 256 SC collections".I shall be adding the SC that has a definite pattern described by OG's which could also be handy for reference at some point of time in your prep.
I like :-)

P.s.: whats 256 SC Collection?

by hrishi19884 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:51 am
bhumika.k.shah wrote:
gmatmachoman wrote:

Me too and thanks for taking so much pain machoman. You are indeed a rockstar!
Hrishi

Legendary Member

by gmatmachoman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:51 am
Outlined in the new Small Business Guide, these plans require business owners to make assumptions about the tax and regulatory environment or that they pay the maximum taxes up front and request reimbursement at the end of the year.

A. that they pay the maximum taxes up front and request reimbursement at the end of the year.

B. for paying the maximum taxes up front and request reimbursement at the end of the year.

C. they should pay the maximum taxes up front and request reimbursement at the end of the year.

D. that they should pay the maximum taxes up front and request reimbursement at the end of the year.

E. to pay the maximum taxes up front and request reimbursement at the end of the year.

Legendary Member

by gmatmachoman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:56 am
hrishi19884 wrote:
bhumika.k.shah wrote:
gmatmachoman wrote:

Hey guys,

Thx man, I am coming to my end of my prepping and this a wonderful forum.yeah I too had bit of bad moments frm few" moderators also".

But In total,BTG rocks and especially guys like Maihuna,DanaJ ,PandeyVineet,Komal and mmslf, many more are awesome.

by hrishi19884 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:58 am
gmatmachoman wrote:
hrishi19884 wrote:
bhumika.k.shah wrote:
gmatmachoman wrote:

Hey guys,

Thx man, I am coming to my end of my prepping and this a wonderful forum.yeah I too had bit of bad moments frm few" moderators also".

But In total,BTG rocks and especially guys like Maihuna,DanaJ ,PandeyVineet,Komal and mmslf, many more are awesome.
I agree, those guys are just superb!
Hrishi

Legendary Member

by gmatmachoman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:59 am

From the start, the fluoroscope invoked the authority of modern science and technology to sell more shoes, and functioned so fast, and in some cases even faster than the old-fashioned manual fitting.

A. so fast, and in some cases even faster than the old-fashioned manual fitting.

B. so fast, and in some cases even faster than, how the old-fashioned manual fitting did.

C. as fast, and in some cases even faster than the old-fashioned manual fitting.

D. as fast as, and in some cases even faster than, the old-fashioned manual fitting.

E. so fast as, and in some cases even faster than the old-fashioned manual fitting

Legendary Member

by gmatmachoman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:02 pm

As he follows Keneely's Weather Channel team through Bonnie's path, writer David Laskin discovers that the Weather Channel's appeal lies in a particular mix of working professionally, live field reporting, and behind-the-scenes technical wizardry.

A. working professionally, live field reporting, and behind-the-scenes technical wizardry.

B. working professionally, dramatically live field reports, and behind-the-scenes technical wizardry.

C. professionalism, dramatically live field reports, and a wizard technically working from behind-the-scenes.

D. professionalism, reporting live from the field, and behind-the-scenes technical wizardry.

E. professionalism, live field reporting, and technical wizardry from behind-the-scenes.

by hrishi19884 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:12 pm
gmatmachoman wrote:4.

As he follows Keneely's Weather Channel team through Bonnie's path, writer David Laskin discovers that the Weather Channel's appeal lies in a particular mix of working professionally, live field reporting, and behind-the-scenes technical wizardry.

A. working professionally, live field reporting, and behind-the-scenes technical wizardry.

B. working professionally, dramatically live field reports, and behind-the-scenes technical wizardry.

C. professionalism, dramatically live field reports, and a wizard technically working from behind-the-scenes.

D. professionalism, reporting live from the field, and behind-the-scenes technical wizardry.

E. professionalism, live field reporting, and technical wizardry from behind-the-scenes.
Machoman....can you please post different questions in different(new) posts.

The reason being, in the end it will be a mess and we always have to depend on the question numbers.

Let these two of them remain as it is....but in future,each question different post . Thanks.
Hrishi

by akahuja143 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:17 pm
for the second question I would go with E

E. to pay the maximum taxes up front and request reimbursement at the end of the year.

To pay is paraell with to make...

Legendary Member

by gmatmachoman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:17 pm
Hi Hrishi,

Agreed.Nice suggestion.To reach a consensus, we shall go for a poll .then at the of the poll results we shall amend it!Is that ok with u?

by akahuja143 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:20 pm
I agree with Hrishi regarding new post for each question