256 SC Complete Solutions

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:710

by gmatmachoman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:23 pm
akahuja143 wrote:I agree with Hrishi regarding new post for each question
Yeah guys,

agreed.Even i am also seeing that way ...hahaaha!! Hrishi was able to sense that ..Thx man Hrishi .

Ok then..I shall use "SC Bible_256_question.no" as the subject title.hope this brings agreement!!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by hrishi19884 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:26 pm
gmatmachoman wrote:Hi Hrishi,

Agreed.Nice suggestion.To reach a consensus, we shall go for a poll .then at the of the poll results we shall amend it!Is that ok with u?
It is ok...but just think brother.....if you post all 256 in the same post and if there are few people who have doubt regarding question 10 , few people regarding question 13 and so on.....it will be difficult finding all the replies for a particular question.
It will be a big mess. Thats why I suggested.
Even, I try to post each question in a different post, even in case I have 4-5 to share. This reduces traffic and confusion of mixing the ans.

I think BTG is the only forum where people bring a new post for each question for the same reason.

If you got to other public forums like "pagalguy" , "urch.com", "Gmat club" or even in "manhhatan forum" they post question one after another. Answers are also random ex : 1)IMO A , 12) IMO C etc....which becomes a confusion and we need to roll on pages over pages to replies. Its becomes a big wastage of time.

What do you think?
Hrishi

"As you sow, so shall you reap"

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by hrishi19884 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:32 pm
gmatmachoman wrote:
akahuja143 wrote:I agree with Hrishi regarding new post for each question
Yeah guys,

agreed.Even i am also seeing that way ...hahaaha!! Hrishi was able to sense that ..Thx man Hrishi .

Ok then..I shall use "SC Bible_256_question.no" as the subject title.hope this brings agreement!!
Of-course that would be wonderful...make the question numbers as _01 , _02, etc...013 etc.
Hrishi

"As you sow, so shall you reap"

Legendary Member

by gmatmachoman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:33 pm
agreed Hrishi. Gud thought. I really appreciate you for the thought process!!

Legendary Member

by bhumika.k.shah » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:59 pm
IMO E

Infinitives parallelism
gmatmachoman wrote:2.
Outlined in the new Small Business Guide, these plans require business owners to make assumptions about the tax and regulatory environment or that they pay the maximum taxes up front and request reimbursement at the end of the year.

A. that they pay the maximum taxes up front and request reimbursement at the end of the year.

B. for paying the maximum taxes up front and request reimbursement at the end of the year.

C. they should pay the maximum taxes up front and request reimbursement at the end of the year.

D. that they should pay the maximum taxes up front and request reimbursement at the end of the year.

E. to pay the maximum taxes up front and request reimbursement at the end of the year.

Legendary Member

by bhumika.k.shah » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:04 pm
IMO D

kinda confused though :(
gmatmachoman wrote:3.

From the start, the fluoroscope invoked the authority of modern science and technology to sell more shoes, and functioned so fast, and in some cases even faster than the old-fashioned manual fitting.

A. so fast, and in some cases even faster than the old-fashioned manual fitting.

B. so fast, and in some cases even faster than, how the old-fashioned manual fitting did.

C. as fast, and in some cases even faster than the old-fashioned manual fitting.

D. as fast as, and in some cases even faster than, the old-fashioned manual fitting.

E. so fast as, and in some cases even faster than the old-fashioned manual fitting

Legendary Member

by bhumika.k.shah » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:10 pm
Okay ! i am confused

I'd go with C for the entire sentence i think is correct. But in Option E , i like the first half of the statement,

Please post the OA with the OE

:)
gmatmachoman wrote:4.

As he follows Keneely's Weather Channel team through Bonnie's path, writer David Laskin discovers that the Weather Channel's appeal lies in a particular mix of working professionally, live field reporting, and behind-the-scenes technical wizardry.

A. working professionally, live field reporting, and behind-the-scenes technical wizardry.

B. working professionally, dramatically live field reports, and behind-the-scenes technical wizardry.

C. professionalism, dramatically live field reports, and a wizard technically working from behind-the-scenes.

D. professionalism, reporting live from the field, and behind-the-scenes technical wizardry.

E. professionalism, live field reporting, and technical wizardry from behind-the-scenes.

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by thephoenix » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:15 pm
gmatmachoman wrote: 1.As a photojournalist, commercial photographer, artist and filmmaker, he has ventured everywhere from the remote highlands of New Guinea to the glitzy beaches of Saint-Tropez and saw many outstanding sites, many of which are depicted in his latest book.

the portion he has ventured ..................and saw many..............book consists of two parts , and bth the part has to be llel
the begining uses a present perfect tense and hence the other part sud follow the same tense
therfore A,B,C can be eliminated for the use of SAW a simple past

now b/n D and E
E changes the menaning
Hence D is my ans

machoman grt initiative.......keep those question coming in at least 10 a day

Legendary Member

by bhumika.k.shah » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:42 pm
thephoenix wrote: machoman grt initiative.......keep those question coming in at least 10 a day
But as new topics ... this is VERY Messy! :P

Legendary Member

by gmatmachoman » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:15 am
bhumika.k.shah wrote:
thephoenix wrote: machoman grt initiative.......keep those question coming in at least 10 a day
But as new topics ... this is VERY Messy! :P
Agreed... I am doing that " on Popular Demand "

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by sadullaevd » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:49 am
2. E

3. D

4. E

good questions, similar to gmat prep,

OA plz
Stay skeptical,
Think critically,
Assume nothing.