with a gmat score of 570 with 3 yr full exp in telecom

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:540
Dear all,

recently i have taken my gmat and i scored 570. this was my third attempt. My earlier attempts were 520 then 540. I am very harassed as this time i was confident of scoring 650+.but couldn't make it. I have learnt much from this site and i am still in learning phase earlier i have learnt for prep now its turn for school selection.

I am a hardcore telecom guy with 3 yr work experience in telecom companay. My CGPA is 3.1.

Need guidance for which B schools i can apply in a window of <=30000$. I know mine is not a descent score .But still i am hopeful.

hope u all will help me out in searching few good B schools. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Pardeep

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:38 am
Pardeep:

I wouldn't use my score as a litmus test for which schools you should target. With a lower than average GMAT score, you clearly want to throw in a couple of applications to third tier schools to be safe, but with a compelling vision and interesting story, demonstrated leadership potential, good recommendations and a progressively responsible career, you could in theory get in anywhere. I know personally of someone who got in a top 5 school with a sub-500 GMAT. You just never know. It's the total package, so try to make up in other areas what you lack in some...
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options