Winners - Beat The GMAT/Veritas Prep Scholarship

This topic has expert replies

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members
Dear Beat The GMAT Friends:

With great honor, Beat The GMAT and Veritas Prep would like to introduce the five winners of the 2008 Beat The GMAT/Veritas Prep Scholarship (in order):
  1. Katie - katiebrooklyn - Katie has been a manager in design and creative social-conscious firms since moving to New York City in 1999. She earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. She is also a novice businessperson working on her first business plan for an internet retail store and blog specializing in sustainable and eco-friendly goods and solar micro grid technology. Her daily intrigue is living the best way with the least impact, from treasured second hand furniture to home cooked meals with friends.
  2. Angela - sugarangel - Angela works for the Salzburg Global Seminar, an international NGO that holds multiple symposia a year, addressing global issues to promote dialogue and understanding across cultures and sectors. Prior to joining the Seminar, she spent a year in Taiwan teaching English on a Fulbright Scholarship. Angela enjoys traveling, cooking, and learning new languages. She has traveled extensively in Asia and Europe. Angela is a graduate of Tufts University where she double majored in International Relations and Child Development. She hopes to pursue a business degree in nonprofit management.
  3. Alexander - Alexander.Stoma - Alexander was born in Belarus and educated in Russia. He is currently Deputy Director of an IT company.
  4. Lis - lisyuan - Lis was born in Mainland China, and grew up in sunny Spain. She is a simple person who enjoys the little details of everyday live, such as good food and nice weather. Most of time, Lis enjoys day-dreaming or reading a good book. She is a multilingual speaker, fluent in Chinese, English, Spanish and Catalan. Lis also dream of traveling the world one day and to learn about all the different cultures. Her most recent goal is to get accepted into her dream school – Columbia University to pursue an MBA degree.
  5. Janinne - Janinne10 - Janinne graduated from San Diego State University with a B.A. in International Business, a minor in Spanish, and an emphasis in Western European History. She worked for Ligand Pharmaceuticals for two years thereafter. She was initially hired as a Human Resources Assistant and was quickly recruited into the Sales and Marketing department as a Marketing Assistant and then promoted to the position of Senior Secretary to the V.P. of Marketing. In 2006 she was employed by Panasonic as an International Logistics Coordinator. She has worked as a Sales and Logistics Coordinator at Panasonic for two years to date.
It can't be emphasized enough how difficult it was to select these five folks from a very talented pool of applicants. Even though this is the fourth scholarship competition that Beat The GMAT has hosted, we were still astonished by the incredible stories candidates courageously shared with us.

Thanks very much to everyone who submitted an application; it was a pleasure reviewing your essays, and hopefully you now have a head start on your business school application.

Please join me in congratulating Katie, Angela, Alexander, Lis, and Janinne!

Good luck to all,

Beat The GMAT & Veritas Prep
Last edited by beatthegmat on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by anshul265 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:52 pm
Congratulations guys...

Very Well deserved.

-A

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Congratulations to Winners!

by neoneem » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:42 pm
Congratulations to Winners!

Neoneem

2008 BTG-VPFastTrack Scholarship Winner!
I woke up early and just had to check. When I saw my name I howled and whooped. The noise woke my roommates who got up to have coffee and be excited with me! Thank you so much, I am so excited to be a winner. This means so much. So much!

This journey is going to be electrifying. Looking forward to being in contact with the forum getting and giving lots of tips and support.

Thank you Beat the Gmat, Veritas and Stacy Blackman! And you Eric!

Thank you and Congratulations!!!

by sugarangel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:09 am
Congratulations to all my fellow winners!!! I was also elated and started whooping around my room when I saw my name posted. I am truly grateful for this amazing opportunity.

Thank you to all who made this scholarship possible, especially Eric. I look forward to working with the Beat the GMAT community to discuss new ways to help more business school hopefuls pursue their dreams!

-Angela

Congrats!!

by Janinne10 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:45 am
I just got off the phone with literally everyone I know to tell them the good news!! I'm so excited!

It is a complete honor to have been chosen for this scholarship with the rest of these truly amazing individuals. I am honestly floored right now that I was even considered for this scholarship with such amazing candidates. Congrats to all the winners and thank you to everyone who had a hand in choosing the winners for this incredible opportunity.

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by gabriel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:07 pm
Congratulations to all the winners. Hope to see more of you folks on the community :) .

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:25 am
Congratulations winners.
I'll upgrade your rank to some cool words :D
you definitely not "just getting started"
All the best for your MBA application & GMAT test!

MBA Student
Followed by:17 members
GMAT Score:710

by gmat740 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:51 am
I will be Appearing for GMAT next year in 2009.I have been browsing this forum for last couple of months and it has helped me a lot
So what is the elligiblity criteria for these scholarships?
I am from India,so am I elligible?
When Are you going to put the next scholarship form for 2009?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:58 am
Check out: https://www.beatthegmat.com/scholarship.html for more info.

We hope to have another competition in the spring of next year. Stay tuned!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:13 am
Congratulations once again.
As I promised, you're not 'just gettin' started' now but you're '2008 BTG- VP FastTrack scholarship winner!"

I hope you stick to the forum in the future :)