While they

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:4 members

While they

by akhpad » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:26 am
Source: GMAT Prep

While they remove carbon dioxide from the air, conserve soil and water, and house thousands of species, forests also supply potentially valuable pharmaceuticals, and, as sources of building material and firewood, that provide employment for millions worldwide.

A. pharmaceuticals, and, as sources of building material and firewood, that provide
B. pharmaceuticals, and sources of building material and firewood, are providers of
C. pharmaceuticals and, as sources of building material and firewood that are provide
D. pharmaceuticals and as sources of building material and firewood, for providing
E. pharmaceuticals and, as sources of building material and firewood, provide

I need explanation for D and E. However, I agree on OA.

BTW, "for providing" can / cannot be modifier.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by ov25 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:48 am
wrong section dude!

it should be E

E - while they do x, forests also supply y and provide z - completely parallel
D - while they do x, forests also supply y and,, for providing z - does not make sense to me

Legendary Member
Followed by:3 members

by diebeatsthegmat » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:08 am
akhpad wrote:Source: GMAT Prep

While they remove carbon dioxide from the air, conserve soil and water, and house thousands of species, forests also supply potentially valuable pharmaceuticals, and, as sources of building material and firewood, that provide employment for millions worldwide.

A. pharmaceuticals, and, as sources of building material and firewood, that provide
B. pharmaceuticals, and sources of building material and firewood, are providers of
C. pharmaceuticals and, as sources of building material and firewood that are provide
D. pharmaceuticals and as sources of building material and firewood, for providing
E. pharmaceuticals and, as sources of building material and firewood, provide

I need explanation for D and E. However, I agree on OA.

BTW, "for providing" can / cannot be modifier.
]
the OA should be E
forests also supply...and...provide...
its //