Which universities to apply with my low score

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Which universities to apply with my low score

by vettiku » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:09 am
Hi Stacey,

I just completed my GMAT with a low score of 470(Q 37 and V 18).
I have a work exp of 2.5 years in an indian IT company.
I am thinking of pursuing MBA in the US or any other country which is recognized.
Could you suggest a list of 5 universities to which i can apply?
I know that my GMAT score is very low but i have no other option.
I am also in a very urgent situation to join mba at fall'13 due to my family situations.
I have my own family business, so a degree with less financial expenses OR a degree completing which i can earn back the amount in some years (after which i will return back to india) is what i require.
Please post your valuable suggestions and if possible the university list too..

Thanks in advance.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your post. As part of the large applicant pool of IT professionals from India, you face increased competition for a spot in a US MBA programs. Unfortunately, GMAT score is indeed a factor in admissions decision. Checking out average GMAT scores at schools of interest is a great way to gauge your potential for success.

Obviously the GMAT score isn't the only factor in an admissions decision, but applying to a school with a score well below their average makes gaining admission quite difficult. Given your score and experience I would suggest looking at Boston College, Rutgers, Baruch, Fordham and Pepperdine.

Be sure to considers factors such as size and location as you begin to develop your list.

Best,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.