When to apply for GMAT?? Plz help!!

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

When to apply for GMAT?? Plz help!!

by Vishesh » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:11 am
Hi all,
I've just started with the preparation for GMAT. I am already working in an IT company full time for past 1 yr now. So not able to give much time for preparation. I was planning to give it in Nov'07.

I want to know when shud i be ideally appearing for GMAT if i want to go for admission in Sep'08. I've heard that many colleges don't accept score after october. Is it true? Please help me on this. I'll be needing atleast 3 months preparation time starting from now. Will it be too late to give it in Nov, or say Dec of this year?

Vishesh

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

Re: When to apply for GMAT?? Plz help!!

by aim-wsc » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:47 am
Vishesh wrote:Hi all,
I've just started with the preparation for GMAT. I am already working in an IT company full time for past 1 yr now. So not able to give much time for preparation. I was planning to give it in Nov'07.

I want to know when shud i be ideally appearing for GMAT if i want to go for admission in Sep'08. I've heard that many colleges don't accept score after october. Is it true? Please help me on this. I'll be needing atleast 3 months preparation time starting from now. Will it be too late to give it in Nov, or say Dec of this year?

Vishesh
Ideally, I always tell that August is the right (latest) time to take the test.
That way you are eligible to apply to b-schools for all rounds.

Usually a b-schools have their first rounds deadline on October.
If you appear for GMAT on Nov 2007, it's not the end of the world its just that you'll miss most of B-schools Round one for applying.

Still you can apply to round two which usually ends in January.
...for R3~~ March