When should I retake the exam?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

When should I retake the exam?

by peacemaker123 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:10 am
Now then, it's been ten days since I took my first GMAT exam. The result I got was bad - 510 (Q35 V25).
I think that the excessive studying the last week and a half and the anxiety on the test day could explain this result.

Well, what is done is done. I won't give up. I will use the time until the next exam to see what are my most common mistakes. Still, I feel that SC and RC from the Verbal part (non-native speaker) and Data sufficiency questions are my weaknesses for now.

I start lectures in a couple of weeks and I want to use my time efficiently. The materials I have with me right now:

The Official Guide 12th edition (as well as the Verbal and Quantitative review)
The MGMAT 8 strategy guides
Powerscore's Critical Reasoning Bible (totally neglected before, big mistake!)
GMAT prep software for the CAT tests (also Kaplan or Knewton ones, I'll think about it)
Any other materials I could use? Jot down any additional materials you think would really help me or have helped you :)

So when should I retake the exam? I want to have enough time studying but November and early December is no good, as I will have a lot of courseworks and examinations at the university. So either I will have to sit for the exam in mid/late October, or mid December.

If I take it in mid/late October I will be able to cope with my studies later on, but the result might be disappointing again, as I won't have time to look through the different materials. On the other hand, if I take the exam in mid December I will be able to have enough time to move through all materials, but that means that I will have to forgo some of my social life to cope with my studies.

My personal preference is mid December but I'm hesitating. What is your opinion?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:6 members

by prateek_guy2004 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:15 am
To get your target score you must give yourself atleast 2 more months......Review your basics and practice side by side....

Also ask yourself about your weaknesses ...Work on them

Gmat prep is a good indicator of your present scores so if you get 700 + then you must retake.......
Don't look for the incorrect things that you have done rather look for remedies....

https://www.beatthegmat.com/motivation-t90253.html