What type of MBA?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

What type of MBA?

by atul.mishra19 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:19 am
I am an H1B visa holder currently working in US. I have a total of 7 years of experience out of which 1.5 years is in US. I read a couple of posts where aspirants conducted interviews with current students and alumni of various schools. These posts mentioned that the international students faced problems when it came to placements and that it was a common phenomena in this economic scenario.

Would my working here right now (as an international student) prove beneficial for getting into a school?

Also, right now the finances are not that figured out for the MBA program. Are there other options apart from an MBA program which can be beneficial on a similar level?

I am currently preparing for my GMAT and I need help for deciding what kind of MBA program would be beneficial for me. I am currently in Virginia.

I am currently preparing for my GMAT and I need help for deciding what kind of MBA program would be beneficial for me. I am currently in Virginia. If anyone has done any short term courses from some good institutes/universities, please guide me.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:38 am
I can speak to some of your questions. There actually was a decrease this past season in international applications, which could work to your advantage in applying. The fact that you have indeed worked in the US could certainly help distinguish you, while not losing the diversity aspect you bring as an immigrant worker. You should check with the financial aid office for your target schools about loans, etc. since there are many difficulties in international students obtaining loans for schools. Your visa status may help there. Good luck.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options