what do you think about that analysis of issue?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
"Government should place stricter limits in the ability of businesses to invade citizens' privacy through telemarketing, E-mail, advertising, collection of personal information on consumer, and so on, even if those limits affect businesses' profitability and competitiveness."

In my view, there should be placed stricter limits in the ability of businesses to invade citizens' privacy. My arguments for this point are listed below. However, I realize that it is a view from a consumer's view, thus can differ from the companies' view.
First of all, most people when answer the phone form the telemarketer usually hang up very soon. It is caused by the lack of trust to the potential telemarketer. Personally, I do not give any confident information to a stranger, especially to someone by phone. For example, the person who calls does not have to be necessarily the person whom she or he claims to be. Apart from this, assuming that telemarketers are not deceivers, they sometimes are importunate and simply disturb during the day.
Second of all, receiving spam is not a pleasant thing either. It is really annoying to delete daily hundreds of junk e-mails. In that case, you need to read the senders carefully in order to not omit any important e-mail. Consequently, the annoying e-mails may result in negative attitude towards specific company which sends plentitude of advertisements by e-mail.
Finally, private data should be confidential. If the company wants to do dome research, they can provide the questionnaire on the street or through the door of apartment. In such case, we are completely anonymous to the interviewer and it depends on us whether we give him or her any information about us or not. Such things like the address or telephone number should be confidential, because even companies cannot be totally sure if any of private information will leak outside the company to the unauthorized entities.
In conclusion, there should be restrictions concerning the ability of businesses to invade citizens' privacy, because many actions of companies in that range are quiet annoying. Thus, instead of encouraging people to the company they can achieve the opposite. Furthermore, the companies cannot be completely sure about its employees that the confidential information will not leak outside the business. Finally, the consumers have the right for privacy and nobody should make profits from that.