What are some good schools for 2 years of workex?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi, I will be giving my GMAT in May 2014. I have a workex of 2 years as of June 2014. I would like to know some good schools I should target which do not really focus on the work-ex part. Any inputs would be highly appreciated!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by PythaGURUS » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:27 am
Hi,

In my understanding, you have three years of work experience and not two( they will count it till your joining Date).

With three years of work experience, you should focus more on your story and emphasise on your reasons for joining that school. As long as you are clear of your future industry and functional preferences, it will not matter too much.

What countries are you considering? What country are you currently working in ?
Regards,

PythaGURUS Education

MBA Admissions Consulting

www.pythagurus.com

by schitij » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:04 am
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am currently working in Oracle in India as an Applications Developer. I want to move to a Marketing or Consulting profile. Country is really not a preference, but would prefer Asia or USA.

by htbconsultants » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:13 am
schitij wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am currently working in Oracle in India as an Applications Developer. I want to move to a Marketing or Consulting profile. Country is really not a preference, but would prefer Asia or USA.
Schitij,

There are hundreds of business schools around the world... if you can share your profile, may be, I can help you more.

What is your GMAT score?
Undergrad grads and school?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:20 am
Hi,

You can target ISB, NUS, NTU, IIM's in India and in US you can target some dream schools in top 10 range and safe schools between top 15-30 ranked schools which are known for consulting jobs post MBA.Please share more details about your profile for detailed evaluation.

Regards,
Manish
www.general-ed.com
Try https://www.general-ed.com/bschool-selector

by schitij » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:31 am
Hi,

I have done my undergrad from BITS-Pilani University with B.E(Hons.) Chemical Engineering. I will have a work experience of 24 months in July 2014 with Oracle Financial Services Software as an Applications Developer. I have a lot of extra-co activities like starting and heading the arts club in college, starting the football team in my college, team leader at the department of sponsorship and marketing for the cultural fest in my college. I have graduated with a GPA of 7.34/10. I have a very good school record as well.
Could you please suggest.
Thanks.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:27 am
Hi Schitij,

You have decent profile with strong academics, the next step for you would be to focus more on your GMAT prep and target 700+ score. As I said earlier you can apply to ISB, Greatlakes, SP Jain, XLRI in India. IIM's require 4+ yrs of work experience. Apart from these few more reputed b-schools in Asia are NUS, NTU, AIM-Manila, HKUST, CEIBS China, Singapore Management University (SMU)you should ideally apply to 5 schools to increase your chances for acceptance.

Regards,
Manish
www.general-ed.com
Try https://www.general-ed.com/chances-of-bschool

I have done my undergrad from BITS-Pilani University with B.E(Hons.) Chemical Engineering. I will have a work experience of 24 months in July 2014 with Oracle Financial Services Software as an Applications Developer. I have a lot of extra-co activities like starting and heading the arts club in college, starting the football team in my college, team leader at the department of sponsorship and marketing for the cultural fest in my college. I have graduated with a GPA of 7.34/10. I have a very good school record as well.
Could you please suggest.
Thanks.

by schitij » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:57 pm
Thanks Manish for your input! Really appreciate it.