what are my chances of admission?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

what are my chances of admission?

by manasgoswami1 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:46 pm
Hi,

I took my GMAT today and got score of 650. verbal 34 and quant 47.

I studied verbal from og, 10,11,12,13 and kaplan premiere. I studied quant from OG 11,12, 13 and Kaplan premiere.

I'm an Indian and an engineer by qualification with 7 yrs of experience but all in IT sales. I have always been on the business side.

I wanted to know if I should target ISB hyderabad or any other top 20 b school with this score or should i take the gmat again in ext 2 months and apply in R2.

In case i should be taking GMAT again can anyone suggest me the right course to opt for because i want to cross the 750 barrier.

Would appreciate inputs

Regards

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:07 pm
Hi there,

I would definitely recommend you retake your GMAT. I'm not sure if a 750 is a realistic goal (it can't hurt) - but I think a score that starts with a "7" should definitely be possible. Don't worry too much about applying R2. A marked improvement in your GMAT is worth much more than just applying R1 for the sake of saying you did it.

As for study programs, our firm doesn't recommend or endorse any particular programs so I'll allow others to chime in if they have any recommendations.

Cheers!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!