Was not allowed to write Gmat because of name problems

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
HI
I am an indian passport holder and gave the exam in singapore.
My name in the passport is
surname X
given names YZ

when i registered I put the surname as X
first name as Z as it is my first name and Y as middle name.
In the print out that pearson singpore, has it is written as
ZY X

The coordinator at the centre says the middle name and first names are not the same order
I tried to exaplain her a lot but she didnt allow me.I told her that i gave the gmat previouly with the same name and ID. she told me that the co ordinator (pearson singapore)that time might have over looked.I called the call center of pearson but nothing helped , they just asked me to raise a incident stating what happeded.
finally (co ordinator) Singapore too asked me to raise the incident.As i cant even book the exam again because name in the profile is not editable.
still waiting for a reply from pearson.it happed more than 24 hrs back still no reply.
please let me know is there anything i can do from myside.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by smartguydexter » Sat May 19, 2012 2:06 pm
melon wrote:HI
I am an indian passport holder and gave the exam in singapore.
My name in the passport is
surname X
given names YZ

when i registered I put the surname as X
first name as Z as it is my first name and Y as middle name.
In the print out that pearson singpore, has it is written as
ZY X

The coordinator at the centre says the middle name and first names are not the same order
I tried to exaplain her a lot but she didnt allow me.I told her that i gave the gmat previouly with the same name and ID. she told me that the co ordinator (pearson singapore)that time might have over looked.I called the call center of pearson but nothing helped , they just asked me to raise a incident stating what happeded.
finally (co ordinator) Singapore too asked me to raise the incident.As i cant even book the exam again because name in the profile is not editable.
still waiting for a reply from pearson.it happed more than 24 hrs back still no reply.
please let me know is there anything i can do from myside.
this is unfortunate ... should have allowed