Wanna give my GMAT before 20 may with the target 700+

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello guys,
I'm feeling a bit down at this point.I have to give my GMAT before 20 May with the target of 700+ (95% in quant and 70-80% in verbal). I have been studying for the GMAT on-and off for over a year now. I started taking test from Manhattan Cat Exams from 04/05/2011 and Scored 530 (Q44,V19) in 1st test and 530 (Q34,V29) in 2nd test.

After giving those test my motivation fall drastically. Don't know whether I should appear in May or not. College which I am looking have three deadline date. One was March 31 2011, 2nd is 31May2011 and the last one is 30 June2011.

After studying all the concept and fundamental and exercise from OG I thought I will able to score 700+ but when I started giving test I landed below or much below 600 only :(.

Would love to hear some expert opinions on what I really need to work on. I believe that I can get to 90 Percentile in quant with a bit more practice and much better time management, since I ran out of time on the last 5 questions.

As for the verbal, I have gone over the MGMAT books. I'm did fairly well on the OG verbal questions, yet most of the test questions seemed pretty tricky! I would love to hear your opinions on what I should focus on to get my verbal up to the mid 70's percentile!

Thanks for your time, I would appreciate ANY advice I can get, I really need to get this test over with, it has taken up SO MUCH of my time and really wanna meet the deadline of college I am looking for.

Legendary Member
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:720

by vineeshp » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:39 pm
You should analyze your tests.

Are you at the current score because you made too many careless mistakes? Or because you are still not clear in the concepts.

In both tests you gave, though scores are same, verbal and Math have varied too much. If you can score 44 once, no reason why you cannot score again.

same with Verbal.

Analyze your tests and the answer to your question will be with you.
Vineesh,
Just telling you what I know and think. I am not the expert. :)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ariennniki » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:03 am
Thanks Vinees .
In quant I can say I do make careless mistake sometime. But don't know about verbal. I started studying again all the concept of verbal.
Right now working on my sentence correction portion with the help of book Manhattan Sentence Correction edition 4.
Hope that will help me . I have to give my GMAT in May so please help to know how to approach that

Thanks again