Waitlisted at London Business School MBA 2012, pointers plz

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:740
I want to thank 'bryantmichaels' and 'Paxton' before I write anything further, if it werent for these two wonderful consultants, I would have never gathered enough confidence to apply to LBS.

My case is rather simple, stellar GPA, good and intense work exp @ 38 months pre mba, balanced gmat @ 740. Interview was good, interviewer liked what I had to offer. However, getting on the waitlist felt no less than a rejection.

Should I wait? On BW MBA forum, many complained WL procedures from the previous app season. I just got the WL notice today, and the next review date is 16th of Feb.

Never had any previous experience with WL until right now, and I have no other schools pocketed other than 70% completed Oxford application on standby. ( I am focused only on European schools at the time).

Any pointers will be seriously appreciated. Thank you, thank you.
on the edge of "losing it"

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:690

by Andrei » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:01 am
Hi mate,

I think you should decide whether decide either that 1. it is mandatory for you to be at an MBA in the fall'2010 (as it is my case) or 2. you have time to wait one more year. In the first case you should apply & secure an admit at other BSchools, in the second you just wait and consider how to improve your profile (resume, essays) for the next year.

In either way, I would not pull off the LBS wait-list, it could turn into a later admit (even in early August!) or a deferred admit for the next year - and thus save a lot of preparing for a re-application.

How's going with the application plans for other European Bschools? (oxford?)