VERITAS VS. JAMBOREE !!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

VERITAS VS. JAMBOREE !!

by akk » Wed May 09, 2012 7:21 pm
I am trying to find a good Institute for preparation for GMAT - Verbal Section (specially), as I have identified it to be an area I need to do a lot of work on.

Here at Delhi I have come across White Glow (VERITAS) and JAMBOREE, and am in a fix to decide which one should I join. Please help me with your feedback!

by ANSSHU NADIR » Wed May 09, 2012 10:09 pm
Jamboree is really bad...their prep material too basic and faculty(specially verbal) not that skilled ... they advocate cramming rather that techniques and strategies...

Quants is still better but verbal - a big NO.

Regards,
Anshu Nadir

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by akhilsuhag » Thu May 10, 2012 1:54 am
Akk personally I feel their are so many options in the GMAT space even online why don't you give those a shot. I know we tend to think an online course will never be as good as an offline one but I have had a wonderful experience with Knewton.com and would recommend it to anyone.

The other thing is that they have a 50 point increase gurantee which makes it less of a risk. If verbal is your problem and you are fine with Quant try e-gmat.com.

In the end it will be you and your hardwork that matters but these are not bad options. These courses are flexible and are considerably renowned in the GMAT space.

I hope it helps!
Please press "thanks" if you think my post has helped you.. Cheers!!

by buddyforall » Thu May 10, 2012 2:03 am
ANSSHU NADIR wrote:Jamboree is really bad...their prep material too basic and faculty(specially verbal) not that skilled ... they advocate cramming rather that techniques and strategies...

Regards,
Anshu Nadir
How come they boast so many 770 scorers on their website, are they fake, bought results or what ??

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:192 members
GMAT Score:780

by Bill@VeritasPrep » Thu May 10, 2012 9:34 pm
buddyforall wrote:
ANSSHU NADIR wrote:Jamboree is really bad...their prep material too basic and faculty(specially verbal) not that skilled ... they advocate cramming rather that techniques and strategies...

Regards,
Anshu Nadir
How come they boast so many 770 scorers on their website, are they fake, bought results or what ??
The ability to score well doesn't necessarily correlate to the ability to teach others to score well.
Join Veritas Prep's 2010 Instructor of the Year, Matt Douglas for GMATT Mondays

Visit the Veritas Prep Blog

Try the FREE Veritas Prep Practice Test

by buddyforall » Thu May 10, 2012 10:08 pm
Bill@VeritasPrep wrote:
buddyforall wrote:

Regards,
Anshu Nadir
The ability to score well doesn't necessarily correlate to the ability to teach others to score well.

I mean they have have student scoring in high 700:
50 people scoring 750+, 200 people scoring 720+ and 600 people scoring 700+.

https://www.jamboreeindia.com/achiver_re ... bar&page=1

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:192 members
GMAT Score:780

by Bill@VeritasPrep » Thu May 10, 2012 10:16 pm
Ah, my mistake. That is quite the list.
Join Veritas Prep's 2010 Instructor of the Year, Matt Douglas for GMATT Mondays

Visit the Veritas Prep Blog

Try the FREE Veritas Prep Practice Test

by akk » Sun May 13, 2012 8:04 pm

Regards,
Anshu Nadir
Thanks Anshu for sharing your experience/thought!

Rest of people challenging her advice : This is free forum. She shared her thought to help. So, please stop defending and cross-quoting, as that defeats the purpose.