Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Evaluative Interviews!

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I received an email about Vandy visiting Boston MBA Fair and the email proposed candidates (whatever leg of application process they are) to schedule an evaluative interview. I applied in R2 but guess my dismal score of 660 and a weak work profile are reasons to no response from the Adcoms. I did not get a proper interview invite and as I learn from this forum. R2 applicants had their interviews and admits long before the Christmas break. I am little disheartened!

Please advise if holding an evaluative interview is any good? Is it advisable in my case to schedule an interview? and has there been any admits after evaluative interview? All inputs invited?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:660

by chendawg » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:00 pm
660 isn't dismal at all; it's within their 80% range. When did you submit your application? I'm pretty positive you're supposed to hear about a decision by 1/20; even though others may have gotten acceptance letters, I believe that doesn't mean you won't get one either.
I'm not bipolar...I'm bi-winning!!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by joliemba » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:04 pm
I submitted by application for Nov 28 round. Have you applied to the same program? I scheduled my evaluative interview for Wednesday Jan 11 but not sure if interview by invite is better and requesting to arrange an evaluative interview seems a little desperate at this stage of admission process when applicants who applied on Nov 28 have already had their interviews and got admits :)