Using the real test as practice?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Using the real test as practice?

by trevor.ng » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:40 pm
Hi guys,

My test is scheduled in a month, but I was thinking about scheduling another before just to practice. I know it's kind of throwing away $250 dollars, but I feel that it would be very helpful in obtaining a better score. Also, I honestly think it's less of a waste than people taking prep courses. There's nothing you can get from prep courses that you can't get from books, articles or forums like this one. On the other hand, there's nothing that can get you more ready than the real test itself.

Some of you might argue that I should do the test and keep my score in order to see where my weaknesses lie, but I will have an entire work-free week before my scheduled test, so I will most likely do better after.

What do you think?

Legendary Member
Followed by:11 members

by cramya » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:49 pm
Have u tried GMAT PREP that can be downloaded from mba.com(from the actual creators of the test) for free?

I would save $250 just to get a feel for the questions. Chances are u may never see these questions again when u reappear for the test.

Instead u can use the gmat prep,gmat focus(for just quant) and gmat sets. All these are available on mba.com.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Cramya

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by trevor.ng » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:51 pm
I'm definitely not expecting to have the same questions. It's more about the experience and environment. I think I'll feel much more comfortable the second time.

Legendary Member
Followed by:11 members

by cramya » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:54 pm
I got u.

GMAT PREP will provide u with what u r looking for.

Try it.