USC vs HKUST

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

USC vs HKUST

by JustStarted » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:27 pm
Hi,

I'm looking for some suggestions which can help me in making a decision for accepting offer.

I'm Indian/IT/Male. I'm looking forward to enroll in one year MBA programs. Currently I have offer from USC Marshall (One year IBEAR Program with $35K scholarship) and an offer from HKUST. (Scholarship decision is still pending).

Both offers are good but I'm not able to decide as both have pros and cons.

HKUST is top ranked program as per FT ranking but relatively new. Most of employers for HKUST grads are from Asia and it is easy to get work visa for Asian countries.

USC is mature program but job prospects are challenging for one year program graduates as it is difficult to get visa sponsors and work visa for US.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members
GMAT Score:740

by ivyctor2010 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:21 am
Hi

You should consider joining HKUST as it provide you with better opportunities at start of the career. Considering job scenario in US and ranking of USC - it would not be wise to join this program.
Scholarship is definitely an important criteria, however the gap in 'opportunity offered by these 2 schools' are considerable.
Ivyctor Mobile App packed with school selection, scholarship, application management and alumni connect
Download https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .app&hl=en