USC or UCLA Part Time MBA?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

USC or UCLA Part Time MBA?

by KingsDude » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:53 pm
I have a quick question. I graduated UCI in 2009 with a BS in Biomedical Engineering and a GPA of a 3.27. I worked for a very large biotech firm for a year and then went to work as a business development consultant for a local company. Last year, I started my own business and its been more than successful. I took the GMAT over the Summer and got a 620. I was planning on retaking it, but my business has been doing so well, I didn't want to put the time and energy necessary to really increase my score. I was looking at the USC program the other day and their night program matches VERY well with most of my scores. The one huge setback is I have 2 years work experience (minimum) and I'm only 23 (minimum). I have 2 amazing letters of rec (1 from my old boss at the big biotech company and the other from one of the vendors I work with in my business) and have pretty good essays. What are my chances? What can I do to improve my chances?

Legendary Member
Followed by:7 members

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:27 am
Hello,

You've got great experience, and I think the best thing you can do to optimize your chances is to put together an application that vibrantly reflects your experience and the insight you derive from it. It would involve crafting essays that use vivid detail and anecdote to the extent possible, which will differentiate you and demonstrate a unique contribution to the program.

Best regards,
Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, www.Accepted.com