USC or UCLA Part Time MBA? Please advise

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

USC or UCLA Part Time MBA? Please advise

by KingsDude » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:53 pm
I have a quick question. I graduated UCI in 2009 with a BS in Biomedical Engineering and a GPA of a 3.27. I worked for a very large biotech firm for a year and then went to work as a business development consultant for a local company. Last year, I started my own business and its been more than successful. I took the GMAT over the Summer and got a 620. I was planning on retaking it, but my business has been doing so well, I didn't want to put the time and energy necessary to really increase my score. I was looking at the USC program the other day and their night program matches VERY well with most of my scores. The one huge setback is I have 2 years work experience (minimum) and I'm only 23 (minimum). I have 2 amazing letters of rec (1 from my old boss at the big biotech company and the other from one of the vendors I work with in my business) and have pretty good essays. What are my chances? What can I do to improve my chances?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:15 pm
Hi,

As long as you meet the qualifications for applicants, the best way to boost your profile is through your essays. It sounds like you are really drawn to the USC program. Why is that? Think about not only what you can gain from their program, but what can the program gain from admitting you? What skills or knowledge do you have to offer? How will your classmates benefit from you? Do your research, visit the campus and write strong essays.

Best,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.