Urgent Question Pls reply

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Urgent Question Pls reply

by ynatchev » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:30 am
Hello all,

I'll be taking the GMAT on april 4th. I really have an urgent question, so a quick response would be greatly appreciated. My question is:

I'm currently going over math problems in the OG13 and I really have difficulties with the questions that are at the end of the practice questions(aka the hard questions)section in Data Sufficiency and Problem Solving. What i mean is that i experiance difficulties with question above 120 for example (cause they are harder). So my question is how much of those questions appear on the actual GMAT?

I am managing to do well on hard question in the Verbal section. So my question is how many hard questions usually appear on the gmat? ( i know it depends on my answers but usually what amount of hard questions appear on an exam on avg?

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:08 am
ynatchev wrote: So my question is how many hard questions usually appear on the gmat? ( i know it depends on my answers but usually what amount of hard questions appear on an exam on avg?
You've already answered your question, but you haven't believed the answer entirely :-)
The level of difficulty of the questions you see will depend solely on the questions you answer correctly. Average students will typically see questions in the 550 range, and strong students will see questions in the 700+ range. For more information about the GMAT scoring algorithm, you can watch this free video: https://www.gmatprepnow.com/module/gener ... es?id=1251

If your test is on April 4, you should have already taken several practice tests (https://www.mba.com/the-gmat/download-fr ... tware.aspx) so that you can work on your endurance and test-taking strategies. Plus, practice tests will give you a good idea of the level of difficulty of the questions you will see on test day.

Cheers,
Brent
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com