Urgent need for Profile Evaluation

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Urgent need for Profile Evaluation

by emma25 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:41 am
Hi,

I have noticed most of the questions here are from MBA applicants, it would be a great help if anybody could help me with my profile evaluation for Ms in Business Analytics. Considering i am from a fashion background ( Apparel production ) i have serious doubts about how much weightage will be given to my application for this course as the course pre-requisite includes a bachelors degree in maths or statistics in a few colleges.
I am a 21 year old Indian and have recently graduated from NIFT ( National Institute of Fashion Technology ), i am planning to apply for the semester starting from August.

my grade point should be around 3.2-3.5
My scores are :
TOEFL - 100
GMAT - 670

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Donna@Stratus » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:08 pm
emma25 wrote:Hi,
Hi @Emma25, thanks for your question. My comments in blue: First, the fashion background is different and schools value diversity in everything including work experience so that can be a plus. As far as pre-reqs- check with the school directly but if they require bachelors in something you don't have that can be a problem. An MBA degree does not require any particular background so you may find that a better option if you don't meet the pre-reqs. There may be another Ms in business analytics not requiring a certain degree and maybe this is best as you don't have the work experience yet for an MBA nor are your scores going to compensate for the lack of work. Hope that helps- I would look for Ms without a particular degree requirement going into program
I have noticed most of the questions here are from MBA applicants, it would be a great help if anybody could help me with my profile evaluation for Ms in Business Analytics. Considering i am from a fashion background ( Apparel production ) i have serious doubts about how much weightage will be given to my application for this course as the course pre-requisite includes a bachelors degree in maths or statistics in a few colleges.
I am a 21 year old Indian and have recently graduated from NIFT ( National Institute of Fashion Technology ), i am planning to apply for the semester starting from August.

my grade point should be around 3.2-3.5
My scores are :
TOEFL - 100
GMAT - 670