UCLA FEMBA

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

UCLA FEMBA

by stevennu » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:13 am
Hey everyone. I'm wondering what my chances are for getting into UCLA Anderson's FEMBA program. A bit about me...

Graduated in 2010 from USC with a B.S. in Public Policy, Planning and Management with an emphasis in Real Estate Development and Finance. My undergrad GPA was 3.73.

While in undergrad I interned 24 hours per week with a small real estate private equity group. Additionally, I helped start TIG (Trojan Investing Group), a group of students that met on a weekly basis to discuss value investing. I was part of a fraternity and heavily involved in TREA (Trojan Real Estate Association). I was part of a real estate case competition team that won first place against (Wharton, University of Singapore, Univerity of Texas, University of Wisconsin, University of Colorado Boulder, University of Aukland New Zealand, etc).

Upon graduation, I joined a mid-size real estate private equity group where I spent two years as an analyst. Worked on many projects and got a lot of exposure to different types of deals.

Last year, I moved to a top 10 real estate advisory/real estate private equity firm. Although I am an analyst, my role is more that of an associate. I work directly with the SVP of Acquisitions and handle everything from the underwriting to due diligence to closing of new deals. There is no one working between the SVP and myself.

I'm looking to take the GMAT in October and hope to score between 650 and 680. UCLA will be the only program I'm applying to. I believe it is one of the best MBA programs in the country and am not looking at any other options at this point since I'm looking to continue working as I earn my MBA.

I'm a first generation Mexican / Cuban American and am part of ULI Young Leaders.

Taking all that into consideration, what are my chances? I'm aiming to apply in the first round.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by yash.522 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:05 pm
Hello there, just wanted to check how you did on GMAT & UCLA application. I am also looking forward to apply to FEMBA flex and want to know/learn from your experiences.