Toronto Study Group

Organize face-to-face meetings with other members
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by anwarma » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:57 pm
I wish I could join you all on Tuesday during Lunch hour but I have to go to Markham for work.

Anyway, I would like to get together on a weekend.

Thanks!

Adnan Anwar
AA

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

ok no tuesday!

by princelibra » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:22 am
ok no tuesday I guess.

I'm also not coming back now for one more week. but would love to meet next monday.

i'm starting law school at osgoode this fall and am debating when to do my mba (assuming i do alright on my gmat)

anyways thats my story.

would love to hear about columbia.

Ash

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:614 members
GMAT Score:800

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:22 pm
OK.. I'm out of town Friday to Monday next week, but could do lunch on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.

Stuart Kovinsky | Kaplan GMAT Faculty | Toronto

Kaplan Exclusive: The Official Test Day Experience | Ready to Take a Free Practice Test? | Kaplan/Beat the GMAT Member Discount
BTG100 for $100 off a full course

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by beeparoo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:14 am
I'm back in Toronto so I will meet you guys whenever. In fact, I'm back in my old haunt around U of T and studying my boring butt off.

I really want to meet up with others because I need a fire lit under me. Studying on my own does not elicit enough motivation so I need others to crack the whip.

Yeehaw.

P.S. For those who are interested: NYU Stern's campus isn't really very campus-y. No sprawling greens or grand looking buildings. However, it's in a fabulous part of Manhattan - Greenwich Village. Columbia's campus is large and well-manicured but the business school is really just contained in one (sometimes two) buildings and, according to the dude in the admissions office, the b-school students remain in that bubble.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by rislam » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:22 pm
I live in East York and planning to write GMAT in coming weeks. I need study budy for coming two weeks on a daily basis, since this is all I can afford to prepare any further for GMAT.

Good luck to you all !

by beeparoo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:26 pm
I'm going to be hitting the books around U of T's St. George campus this Saturday. Coffee, sunshine, quiet corner in the library... What bliss!

Let's get our study hats on and party (quietly).

Stuart, not sure of your availability but lunch is to be had at some point in the day...

Cheers,

Sandra
GMAT obsession begone - girl needs her social life back.

GMAT Instructor

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:57 pm
I'm actually doing some fun stuff on Saturday and won't be around-however, I could meet Sunday, Tuesday or Wednesday for lunch!

Kaplan Exclusive: The Official Test Day Experience | Ready to Take a Free Practice Test? | Kaplan/Beat the GMAT Member Discount

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:07 am
Can someone bring a digital camera to this event? I'd love to capture some pics from these meet ups.

Also, Stuart needs a profile pic! :)
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by beeparoo » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:13 am
Apart from Stuart, is anyone else available on Sunday (tomorrow)?

Come on people! Where is your motivation! It's kind of like, y'all don't deserve to get into b-school...

Did I just go there? Yes, I did.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by anwarma » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:54 pm
Hello Sandra(beeparoo) and All:

My apologies! I was not aware that my PC logged me out. Anyways what are you all doing on the weekend of August 9-10? Can I meet you all to study ?

Please let me know!

Looking forward to meeting you all finally. LOL!

Cheers

Adnan Anwar
AA

by beeparoo » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:52 pm
Dear GMAT Diary,

Got went through several rounds of SC material today and, to my horror, discovered that I have forgotton once well-known rules and strategies. Worst of all, I am stumbling through idioms, which I used to know pat. Ugh.

Wish those potential study buddies had been at the library to pull me away from the concrete wall, which now bears some oily patches from my forehead.

Will I be able to gain that lofty 700+ mark on my test? Only time and hard work will tell...

Yours truly,
Sandra

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by gabriel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:27 pm
You guys have been planning this meet from the 14th of June, it has been more than a month and a half, I am beginning to think the whole thing is just a prank. The question is who is the one playing the prank and on whom :?:. I am beginning to feel bad for Sandra, the stress of planning the whole thing has started showing, she now believes BTG is her GMAT Diary :P .

GMAT Instructor

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:00 pm
gabriel wrote:You guys have been planning this meet from the 14th of June, it has been more than a month and a half, I am beginning to think the whole thing is just a prank. The question is who is the one playing the prank and on whom :?:. I am beginning to feel bad for Sandra, the stress of planning the whole thing has started showing, she now believes BTG is her GMAT Diary :P .
Hah!

I think we just need to pick a day and time and place and as many people as can attend will do so.

How's Thursday at lunchtime?

by beeparoo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:12 pm
I will be there on Thursday! Just name the place and time.
I will initiate - how about noon with a meet-up point at the Second Cup, next to Kaplan's offices. Ah?

@Gabriel: HAHA! But you know... I oughta admit I was crazy long before I even started this arduous GMAT journey. 8)

GMAT Instructor

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:58 pm
beeparoo wrote:I will be there on Thursday! Just name the place and time.
I will initiate - how about noon with a meet-up point at the Second Cup, next to Kaplan's offices. Ah?

@Gabriel: HAHA! But you know... I oughta admit I was crazy long before I even started this arduous GMAT journey. 8)
Sure - although I"m gonna be hungry too! I'm working starting at 1pm.