Toltec

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:15 members

Toltec

by AIM GMAT » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:44 am
Archaeologists have found wheeled ceramic toys made by the Toltec, twelfth-century inhabitants of what is now Veracruz. Although there is no archaeological evidence that the Toltec used wheels for anything but toys, some anthropologists hypothesize that wheeled utility vehicles were used to carry materials needed for the monumental structures the Toltec produced.

Which of the following, if true, would most help the anthropologists explain the lack of evidence noted above?
(A) The Toltec sometimes incorporated into their toys representations of utensils or other devices that served some practical purpose.
(B) Any wheeled utility vehicles used by the Toltec could have been made entirely of wood, and unlike ceramic, wood decays rapidly in the humid climate of Veracruz.
(C) Carvings in monument walls suggest that the Toltec's wheeled ceramic toys sometimes had ritual uses in addition to being used by both children and adults as decorations and playthings.
(D) Wheeled utility vehicles were used during the twelfth century in many areas of the world, but during this time wheeled toys were not very common in areas outside Veracruz.
(E) Some of the wheeled ceramic toys were found near the remains of monumental structures.

OA B

Guys pour in ur explanations !!!
Thanks & Regards,
AIM GMAT

Legendary Member
Followed by:13 members
GMAT Score:640

by HSPA » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:10 am
A: Strengthens as the toys suggest that real devices similar to toys exists
B: correct answer
C: Out of scope .. we dont want rituals
D: Out of scope .. we dont care what the rest of world is doing
E: Request in question is not regarding toys but for real replicas of toys

Okay ... Keeping apart all these OAs & reason for a choice.. I read all three CRs you posted.. I mean damaged roads and magnisum in two different fields... How do you rate them

I am really bad at CRs but I got all three of yours... So how to rank your CRs...(500 - 550)range.. In this forum I see only a few questions say 700+.

Legendary Member
Followed by:15 members

by AIM GMAT » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:25 am
Well i might not comment on question level bcoz i feel sharpening the saw is more important than wondering how :) . Well it was not a toughie , see you get to know the patterns and i really dnt think you are bad at CRs ;) . I am glad that you solved all the question i have posted that encourages me to post more of them . Well if you want a bit tricky ones look for some new posts from AIM GMAT . I will be looking forward for your OA in those posts .
Thanks & Regards,
AIM GMAT