The bolas spider, in its sticky globules, hanging from silke

This topic has expert replies
Followed by:1 members
The bolas spider, in its sticky globules, hanging from silken threads dangled from its front legs, stores a pheromone-like secretion that lures male moths, which become stuck on the spider's globules.

A. The bolas spider, in its sticky globules, hanging from silken threads dangled from its front legs,
B. Hanging from silken threads dangled from its front legs, the bolas spider, in its sticky globules,
C. In its sticky globules, which it hangs from silken threads dangled from its front legs, the bolas spider
D. In its sticky globules, hanging from silken threads dangled from its front legs, the bolas spider
E. The bolas spider, in its sticky globules, hangs from silken threads dangled from its front legs and

I'm confused between B and C. Can any experts assist?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1906 members
GMAT Score:790

spider

by GMATGuruNY » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:25 pm
ardz24 wrote:The bolas spider, in its sticky globules, hanging from silken threads dangled from its front legs, stores a pheromone-like secretion that lures male moths, which become stuck on the spider's globules.

A. The bolas spider, in its sticky globules, hanging from silken threads dangled from its front legs,
B. Hanging from silken threads dangled from its front legs, the bolas spider, in its sticky globules,
C. In its sticky globules, which it hangs from silken threads dangled from its front legs, the bolas spider
D. In its sticky globules, hanging from silken threads dangled from its front legs, the bolas spider
E. The bolas spider, in its sticky globules, hangs from silken threads dangled from its front legs and
Let ⬇︎ represent the silken threads.

A: The bolas spider...hanging from silken threads dangled from its front legs
B and D: Hanging from silken threads dangled from its front legs, the bolas spider
E: The bolas spider...hangs from silken threads dangled from its front legs
According to the blue portions above, silken threads dangle from the bottom of the spider's legs, as follows:
SPIDER'S LEGS
⬇︎
⬇︎
⬇︎
⬇︎

A: The bolas spider...hanging from silken threads silken threads dangled from its front legs
B and D: Hanging from silken threads dangled from its front legs, the bolas spider
E: The bolas spider...hangs from silken threads dangled from its front legs
According to the red portions above, the spider hangs from the bottom of the silken threads, as follows:
⬇︎
⬇︎
⬇︎
⬇︎
HANGING SPIDER

Putting together the two meanings, we get:
SPIDER'S LEGS
⬇︎
⬇︎
⬇︎
⬇︎
HANGING SPIDER

Not possible.
Clearly, the spider cannot lie both at the TOP of the silken threads and at the BOTTOM.
Eliminate A, B, D and E.

The correct answer is C.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3