System error during official GMAT

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

System error during official GMAT

by Phoenix72 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:16 pm
Hi All,

Has anyone ever experience system issue during official GMAT? I took the GMAT on 15th March in India and while i was in Quant section,the system gave an error message and the computer hanged.After 2 mins, I was made to sit in a new terminal and the exam resumed from the same point. However, i feel that there could have been a computation error in my score report. How can i rule out this possibility.

Please suggest what to do ?

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:31 pm
I'm sorry to hear about the computer glitch during your exam! Unfortunately, that can happen sometimes. It sounds as if you and the test admin did the right thing and you were able to pick back up where you left off. The computer glitch should not affect your score in any way. However, if you are concerned, please send an email to [email protected] with your GMAT ID and we will confirm.

Thank you for letting us know about this!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!