Sydney University MBA / Master of Marketing Course

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have a quick favor to ask of anyone who has had their share of experience with the Sydney University MBA or Master of Marketing course.

I have 6 years of working experience in IT and I am looking for a career change in terms of moving up the Management ladder( especially in the Marketing wing). Currently I am considering Macquarie Graduate School of Management and University of Sydney Business School.

How are these MBA programs rated in Australia? I know that AGSM and MBS are indeed the fore runners but how does Sydney University's MBA courses fare in terms of post MBA placements. Does the Sydney Uni have a placement cell that helps you find a job after your course?

Any inputs at all would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ivy

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members
GMAT Score:760

by Indradeep » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:39 pm
Hi Ivy,
Yes Sydney uni has a good placement cell but unless you are doing your MBA from AGSM, MGSM or MBS in Australia their reach is fairly limited.
Let me know if you want to work with me on your case.
Thanks,
Indradeep
Expert MBA Admissions Consulting
AGSM MBA and Management Consultant in Sydney
In India 10th to 12th July

by shinigami » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:28 pm
@Indradeep im planing to get into ANU(Australian National University) for my MBA whats are job opportunities after getting out from that university?
Which Bschools in Australia are good for jobs after graduation?
ps:i've only 2 years of workexperience in my hand.

by Indradeep » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:32 pm
AGSM, MBS, MGSM are the top 3. All of the schools have opportunities for work after graduation but having a PR helps.
It depends so much on your background. Can you get in touch with me at [email protected]? I may have to look at your resume first.

by shinigami » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:49 am
sure i'll send resume and keep in touch with you...([email protected])

by surekshya » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:47 am
hey Indra deep,

i have been thinking about MBS. How is Australian university for MBA. Is it easy to get jobs else where in the worls spec in aisa after and mba from australia?

by surekshya » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:47 am
hey Indra deep,

i have been thinking about MBS. How is Australian university for MBA. Is it easy to get jobs else where in the worls spec in aisa after and mba from australia?

by Indradeep » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:29 pm
The Australian economy is doing quite well compared to the other ones, i.e. US and Europe. MBS has good standing in Australia and Asia Pacific and so does AGSM. If you would like me to have a look at your resume, do send me a copy.
Thanks,
Indradeep