Suggestions for the last two weeks study

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Suggestions for the last two weeks study

by harrays » Sat May 19, 2007 8:59 pm
Hello all,
My GMAT is two weeks away. Could you please suggest how could I plan the last two weeks preparation? I have all the time available in this two week period.

I got 720 average on Mnahattan GMAT online tests (avg of 4 tests) - 2 left
I got 670 avergae on PR online tests (avg of 4 tests) - none left
I got 640 average on Kaplan tests (avg of 3 tests) - none left - last one ran out of questions in the CD because I did practice questions on CD.
I still have one GMATPrep test - I am planning to take it in the next couple of days. I will also write 2 remaining Manhattan tests in the next 8 days. Btw, I am used to take practice tests every other day, the 3 remaining tests are on schedule. I am not planning to take any exams 4 days before the exam.

I have completed OG, Kaplan, PR, Manhattan.
I have scored 51 in 10 of 12 exams in Math. So, no worries in Math. My verbal is weak, especially RC.

Planning to do these in the next few days:
Review mistakes in tests
Review "marked" questions in books, CDs, tests - I have been maintaining a big list since I started preparing
Practice 1000 SC, CR, RC questions - to keep myself on the track in verbal
Review OGs

Shall I better concentrate on RC and verbal?

I want to get 750. Any other suggestions on how to push my score in the last weeks?

Thanks,
Hareesh

PS: Sorry for the long post.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members
harrays wrote:Hello all,
My GMAT is two weeks away. Could you please suggest how could I plan the last two weeks preparation? I have all the time available in this two week period.

I got 720 average on Mnahattan GMAT online tests (avg of 4 tests) - 2 left
I got 670 avergae on PR online tests (avg of 4 tests) - none left
I got 640 average on Kaplan tests (avg of 3 tests) - none left - last one ran out of questions in the CD because I did practice questions on CD.
I still have one GMATPrep test - I am planning to take it in the next couple of days. I will also write 2 remaining Manhattan tests in the next 8 days. Btw, I am used to take practice tests every other day, the 3 remaining tests are on schedule. I am not planning to take any exams 4 days before the exam.

I have completed OG, Kaplan, PR, Manhattan.
I have scored 51 in 10 of 12 exams in Math. So, no worries in Math. My verbal is weak, especially RC.

Planning to do these in the next few days:
Review mistakes in tests
Review "marked" questions in books, CDs, tests - I have been maintaining a big list since I started preparing
Practice 1000 SC, CR, RC questions - to keep myself on the track in verbal
Review OGs

Shall I better concentrate on RC and verbal?

I want to get 750. Any other suggestions on how to push my score in the last weeks?

Thanks,
Hareesh

PS: Sorry for the long post.
One suggestion I have would be to make flashcards of the verbal concepts that have been giving you the most trouble. Review these flashcards a few times today to ensure you are grounded on these subjects come test day.

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by harrays » Sun May 20, 2007 9:36 am
Thank you Eric.

Any particular suggestions for RC?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Sun May 20, 2007 8:33 pm
harrays wrote:Thank you Eric.

Any particular suggestions for RC?
In my opinion, RC is not easy to improve very quickly. It takes time to experiment with various strategies and go through a lot of practice to understand what works best for you.

I would certainly do a lot of practice RC sets prior to your test, but I wouldn't emphasize RC as much in your final two weeks.

Check out the wiki and the blog to see some suggestions on how to tackle RC. Good luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by harrays » Sun May 20, 2007 9:20 pm
Ok. Thanks Eric. I will stick to my current strategy and will try to improve RC with a good amount of practice. I will also not neglect others.

Thanks,
Hareesh