Suggestion

Have suggestions to improve this community?
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Suggestion

by black_cat » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:59 pm
Hello, I have a quick suggestion. I know you have a lot of forums already, but it would be great to have an "On Deck" forum for those of us who are down to a week before our test date. It would be so helpful to be able to connect with those people who have a similar test date (within a few days of yours). Also, when you're down to the last few days before the test, you tend to need to reach out for some last-minute advice. It would be great to have one place to go. Maybe you could set up threads in that forum in one-week increments (for example, I would post on the thread, Test Date: April 1-5).

I'm 36 hours away from my test and I'd love to hang with some others who are in the same boat with me! Did I say 36 hours??? Yikes!!!!!! :lol:

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:13 pm
Yeah! go ahead & start a thread for 'test takers in April'. One similar thread for this month end is currently active & the participation level is good as well.

I think we dont need to have a separate forum for that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: Suggestion

by beatthegmat » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:40 pm
black_cat wrote:Hello, I have a quick suggestion. I know you have a lot of forums already, but it would be great to have an "On Deck" forum for those of us who are down to a week before our test date. It would be so helpful to be able to connect with those people who have a similar test date (within a few days of yours). Also, when you're down to the last few days before the test, you tend to need to reach out for some last-minute advice. It would be great to have one place to go. Maybe you could set up threads in that forum in one-week increments (for example, I would post on the thread, Test Date: April 1-5).

I'm 36 hours away from my test and I'd love to hang with some others who are in the same boat with me! Did I say 36 hours??? Yikes!!!!!! :lol:
This is an interesting idea--a Managing Director raised this idea with me recently, the idea of creating special areas for people based on how close they are to their test date. I'm hesitant to create a separate forum area for this though, since this community already has a lot of forums!

Perhaps aim's suggestion may work--can we create threads in the GMAT Strategy area? If they catch on we can make them sticky...

Thanks for this suggestion!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school