Success in the 600s!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Success in the 600s!

by boylanti » Fri May 23, 2008 2:34 pm
I took the GMAT several weeks ago, scoring in the low 600s. Yesterday I received formal acceptance from my target Executive MBA program.

For those gearing up to take the test, remember that success lies in reaching your objective, not just getting a specific result on the GMAT.

For me, success was getting into a very specific EMBA program. I have extremely strong work experience (senior management), incredible references (executive level) and strong essay skills.

I researched many program options before finding the the one that works with my lifestyle, career objectives and that just "felt right". I spoke with both current and former students as well as admissions staff to understand the typical profile of accepted students. Based on this I focused my studying and hit my target score.

I used the Kaplan prep materials, as well as the free prep software from mba.com and the beatthegmat.com forums. The key for me was to identify my weak areas early, study according to my learning style and not get too worked up about the score.

Good luck to all and I hope that you achieve your goals!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by moneyman » Sat May 24, 2008 8:26 am
Congratulations Sir..All the best
Maxx