Study Plan Advice

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Study Plan Advice

by YG » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:22 am
Hi,
I have taken GMAT twice after completing Kaplan course and some studying on my own and scored very poorly (400-450 range). Did not expect to score so low because when took Kaplan practice tests, got 670 as my highest score. Not only I was extremely upset, but also very confused as to the difference in scores (I am sure some of you can relate). Also, confidence level is getting lower and lower at this point. :cry: I am starting to study again to take it third time. I believe I am stronger in math than verbal and have about 3 months to study.

I am working on study plan right now as well as what to get for study materials. After reading some of the posts on GMAT strategy here, I have chosen:

Verbal Books:
- Manhattan SC
- PowerScore CR Bible
- Economisc articles for RC

Math Books:
- Kaplan 800 (although I am not sure which one to get. There is one on Amazon for about $100 and one for about $20). Could someone suggest?
- EZ solutions Math Practice and Math Strategies (two different books, not sure if I need both)
- Someone also suggested deltacourse.com

Will I be able to go through these in 3 months? I am planning to study about 3 hours on weekdays and about 10 hours on weekends.

Also, I am thinking maybe I have not taken enough practice tests when studied previously. I do recall being extremely nervous during both tests, so, maybe stress threw me off? This time I wanted to take one each weekend, but should I even bother before I cover all the material?

I guess that is the second question: when to start taking practice tests?
Please feel free to throw any coments, any advice will be appreciated.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by deepoe » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 am
What are your weaken area's ?

by YG » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:21 am
CR and RC

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by deepoe » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:06 pm
First begin a month with the PowerScore CR Bible . I've heared if you practice the exercises in the book, youwill improve your CR and RC. Than do the SC en after that do you weaken points at math.

by YG » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:16 pm
Thank you very much, but when should I start taking practice tests?

books?

by speedrider » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:19 am
i am goin to give my gmat 3 months frm now...can yo plz suggest all the books i need to study frm.....in all the 3 sections...thank yo!:)