stuck at 680 on practice tests!

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:700

stuck at 680 on practice tests!

by eosly » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:53 pm
Hi everyone,

I am about to take the test in November (either on the 10th or 17th) and had some practice tests done these couple of weeks. I am a bit nervous because I keep getting scores of about 680. I seriously need to get over 700, preferrably 730 or so for a scholarship and it seems no matter how much I practice, I am stuck at 680! It's frustrating!

so the question is: normally, on the real test, do most people get more than they did on the practice tests or less?

also, any ideas for improving?

Thanks!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:18 members

by FutureWorks » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:03 am
Hi eosly,

We would recommend you to keep taking practice tests to gauge your performance. It will help you in identifying your weak areas and you can focus on them accordingly. You might be able to study more than the given hours and that would take you less than 2-3 months. It all depends on your potential really.
There are various ways you can use to practise for your GMAT. You might need to change your practise style and try this combination to provide you flexibility and different styles to practise so it doesn't get monotonous.
It could be combination of-
1-Books- Books like- The Official Guide for GMAT Review, The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review, The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review etc could be used.
2-Online Study Guide: Websites like Knewton, Grockit etc provide you with practise questions online.
3-Smart phone applications- Kaplan, Veritas etc offer applications to prepare for GMAT on your smart phone