Stanford GSB reapplication advice

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Stanford GSB reapplication advice

by xoqapob88 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:58 pm
Hi

I applied to Stanford GSB last year (R2). Got an interview but was dinged ultimately. I'm re-applying this year in R1. Given it's been only 8-9 months since the last application, how should I approach my essay, especially Essay 1 (what matters to you and why). Given I had been shortlisted, should I use the same essay answer (theme, stories etc.) with minor changes or should I re-think it from scratch and make sure I provide a different answer (stories, theme) etc. Would be great to understand your thoughts/advice basis your experience of helping re-applicants like me.

Thanks!

- A confused re-applicant

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by Alexbr@ClearAdmit » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:50 pm
unless "what matters most to you, and why" has changed, then I would suggest you use the same theme. And if it has changed, that might reflect poorly on what mattered before etc. Given that you have an additional year (+- a couple of months) under your belt, this should strengthen your commitment to the answers to this essay, and you should include additional anecdotes and examples from the additional year to support the answer to the essay? cheers, alex
New Book! Becoming a Clear Admit: The Definitive Guide to MBA Admissions. https://www.clearadmit.com/products/admi ... dmissions/