So much help needed, where to start?!

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

So much help needed, where to start?!

by ricosh13 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:05 pm
I really don't have time to go through all these posts and find one that has what I'm looking for, i'm sure this has been addressed a thousand times but I am taking this test in 3 weeks... I'm set on the math section and pretty good at reading comp and crit reasoning but am soooooooooo far behind on sc....i need help and help quickly. Not like a couple of tips here and there, I need like a total english refresher starting at the beginning...pretty much. You could almost consider me someone who english isn't my first language. Where should I start? Any tips? For the other sections I have been just goign over practice problems over and over again but having done that with sc for like 30 min....its just not going to be enough...I'm hoping there is something better. Any help is verrrrryyyyy appreciated. Good karma to you. Thank you.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by prinit » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:31 pm
ricosh13 wrote:I really don't have time to go through all these posts and find one that has what I'm looking for, i'm sure this has been addressed a thousand times but I am taking this test in 3 weeks... I'm set on the math section and pretty good at reading comp and crit reasoning but am soooooooooo far behind on sc....i need help and help quickly. Not like a couple of tips here and there, I need like a total english refresher starting at the beginning...pretty much. You could almost consider me someone who english isn't my first language. Where should I start? Any tips? For the other sections I have been just goign over practice problems over and over again but having done that with sc for like 30 min....its just not going to be enough...I'm hoping there is something better. Any help is verrrrryyyyy appreciated. Good karma to you. Thank you.
Welcome to the club !!! What's the score that you are getting on practice CAT'S..The sentence correction is a hit for most of the people whose native language is not English. From my experience this is something that you build over the period of time. You have not mentioned your SC success rate here. But for the GMAT you need to be very clear on English grammar basics..Since your date is near, try to get/ refresh Manhattan SC guide. search for the Sahil's and Spidey notes those are really useful from GMAT perspective...Hope this helps. Keep posting your SC doubts and queries; people will be more than happy to help you out.. All the Best for the Test.
I'm here to BTG :)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by hrishi19884 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:42 pm
Have you completed the OGs? If not, I would suggest you to do that first. Also, you should refer various study notes as mentioned by Prinit above to get your grammar concepts clear. Rest of all is just to practice SC's at regular intervals.
Hrishi

"As you sow, so shall you reap"