Shortlisting B-Schools based on my profile

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi,

I need some help with the list of schools I have shortlisted. I want to trim down the number from 15 to 10. My preference is one year MBA but I am also open for 21 months MBA if the school is really good one.

It would also be great if I can get comments on the chances of getting an admit based on my profile for each school. I know it is really difficult and a lot depends on the essays. But I need some initial evaluation in order to finalize the list.

My Profile:-

1. GMAT 710 (2nd attempt Q:49/V:38/AWA:5)
2. Exp:- 5.5 yrs in IT, working as a team lead with a leading MNC.
3. International Exp:- UK,US for leading international clients(mainly Banks)
4. Acads:- Good
5. Community service:- Associated with a community within our co. Teach MS office to blind students.

1. INSEAD
2. Ross
3. UNC-kenan flagler
4. HEC
5. IESE
6. Tepper
7.Emory
8.McCombs
9.Duke
10.Queens
11.Richrad Ivey
12.IE
13.Cranfield
14.Erasmus
15.Cass
Terrified by the GMAT

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:09 am
Dear sumant1808,

You have a chance at any of these schools, but the ultimate decision depends on your overall application relative to the applicant pool at each school. I would suggest you determine criteria for what you want from your MBA experience and then prioritize that list. From there, compare each of these schools to that list to rank them. Then you can cut off the bottom of the list. However, you do want to have a good mix of reach, reasonable and safety programs, so keep that in mind as you make your cuts.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me