Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

selection of b-schools

by vikram4689 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:48 am
please help in selecting suitable 5 bschools for me -
a) post-mba entrepreneurship in education
b) i want close-knits b-schools where team work is second to none and where a) is given importance as that will also increase my chances of admission
c) age-26, indian, 3.8yr work experience in high tech and really strong ngo experience in education
d) expecting gmat 740 (exam in few days)
e) last year rejected from ISB and Booth coz of gmat score (31 V)

i noted following as 3 suitable for me (need 2 more for reporting scores on exam day)
Kellogg, Tuck, ISB

Experts,
1) any advice on my list - addition or deletion of any school
2) how about darden/hkust/haas/kelley/cornell/nus/emory/tepper - are they easy/tough for my profile
3) any other schools for me (i want to get into b-school this year, so need some easy to get into BUT GOOD schools for my profile) - not focusing on BABSON coz i want to do MBA from bschool that has brand value
4) i don't know what are things schools in 2) look for. their requirements are almost similar and that is what confuses me Smile in deciding where my chances are good. one the basis of my research i came to know that wharton/columbia/stern are hard-core finance and harvard is for IB so decided not to apply to these - am i correct in evaluating my chances at these school
Premise: If you like my post
Conclusion : Press the Thanks Button ;)

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:06 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your post. Based on the information you shared and your specific request for bschools with a close knit community, I would suggest you balance out your current list with Tepper, Darden and Duke. These schools have fantastic communities and can really help round out your list.

Regards,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.