Selecting University for Ms Finance Program

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,
I am interested in going into investment banking or equity research portfolios and therefore want to enter a Masters in finance program. Plz recommend me the best universities as per my profile.
Profile details:

- GMAT : 700 (Q49, V37)
- TOEFL : 102
- CFA Level 1 cleared
- Chartered Accountant (in Practice from 1 year) (all first attempts)
- 36months internship (while pursuing BCom and CA)
- Company Secretary (CS)(cleared executive first attempt and final in December 2013)
- Bcom(Mumbai University) with 78%
- HSC 82% and SSC 80%

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by MSFHQ » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:51 am
CFA L1 will help a lot. Strong GMAT. Internships will help with your resume. The issue is this. The financial sector in the US is still recovering and you will need sponsorship (if not correct me). That is an added costs that places don't near to bear right now. So will you get into some good schools? Yes, no doubt. But will you be able to convert that into a full time banking/equity research job right away, not really sure.

If you do end up doing a US based masters I would suggest widening your horizons to include firms that you know will sponsor students and have skills that are related to ER or Banking. Might be valuation at the Big 4 or something Middle Office at Blackrock. If you plan on finishing your CFA find something that satisfies the work experience requirement.