Scored 660 on practice today... test in 7 weeks... 700+ pos?

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:710
Hey all! Test isn't scheduled until June 24th and I'm currently in Manhattan GMAT course and just finished week 4. My first practice test was a 620 and my practice test today was 660 scoring Q47/V34. Knowing that I have about 7 weeks until my actual GMAT is a 700+ plausible based on the 660 today? Made a few stupid mistakes on quant that I should of had correct and timing was not a factor today. I ended both sections with 5-10minutes left.

by parkman » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:21 pm
Your quant score seems solid, and you have less room to improve in that than you do in verbal. Fortunately an improvement in verbal will increase your score alot more then the few points in quant. I think if you can up your verbal to above 40, 700 will be def be attainable. This is actually what I am trying to do as well. I used to have 10-15 min left on the verbal section, whereas I am constantly just trying to finish on time in quant. So I am trying to spend a little more time on each verbal question, really scrutinize my choices. Its not like math where each choice might require additional computation you dont have time for. Focus on your weak area in verbal, SC, RC, or CR. Pretend that each RC passage is the most interesting thing ever, even if its about womens suffrage or ameoba reproduction.

Like I said, I am in the same boat. Except I have 6 less weeks than you lol.

GMAT Score:710

by Wayward-Bound » Sun May 01, 2011 5:06 am
Yea I still have 5 more classes in my course that I'm hoping help me iron out some more of the verbal. I guess with seven weeks left and still quite a few things remaining to review in the course I should be alright. It's just the pressure of getting the 700+ the first go around is starting to mount and while the 660 was an improvement to the 620 it wasn't leaps and bounds.