Schulich Health Industry Vs. Rotman Health Sector

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi Fellows,

I have been accepted to both Schulich and Rotman and now I have come to a crossroads where I have to choose one of them.

Question is, which one of these B-Schools has a better MBA in Health Sector?

Schulich is attractive due to its low tuition and Rotman looks better on the B-School ranking.

Your honest opinion will help me in selecting "Schulich" or "Rotman".

Thanks

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by dreamer333 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:41 pm
Anyone???

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by sch » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:34 am
There is a similar thread just down the list. I think everyone expressed their opinions there. I don't understand your logic in regards to rankings though. In BW Rotman is ranked 8th Schulich 9th, in FT both schools are within 5-6 places of each other. Other magazines like Expansion (in 2010) ranked Schulich well ahead of Rotman. As you can see, the gains in rankings by Rotman are really insignificant. With small change in some of the data, the rankings of both schools could be easily reversed. I think it would be wise to eliminate "rankings factor" completely from your equation. Having said that, I am not at all familiar with health sector. I will be starting Schulich in September, and all I can say is that my experience with York University and Schulich School of Business has been a pleasant one.